Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kerkar at left back....?

Kerkar is not too bad a left midfielder. He has a trick or two and can sometimes get a decent cross in. BUT he is lightweight in the challenge and never wins a tackle. He just can't play at left back and I thought that was obvious from his previous display in that position. It's tough with Wiggins, Evina and then Seabourne out but surely it would be better to bring in a youngster than play Kerkar out of position again. Not his fault, but Kerkar is a liability there. We were lucky yesterday that Huddersfield didn't attack him more.

Comments

• Options
    If I was Morgan Fox you would be quite annoyed, Chrissy just does not like playing the kids. Would like to see Fox given a chance.
  • Options
    Jackson
  • Options
    If you have three left backs out injured then needs must. He did ok. Not brilliant by any means, but he did a job he was asked to do.
  • Options
    Kerkar is definitely not a full back. Credit to him for giving it a go and coming out with some credit. SCP has got this one badly wrong IMHO. Kerkar rarely crosses he halfway line and is caught out of position time and again. On that basis Jackson should be played there even if his lack of pace makes it less than ideal it would be no worse than Kerkar. We need Seabourne back at The New Den otherwise we could be badly exposed.
  • Options
    harsh, they did attack him but rarely got passed him.

He does sometimes look uncomfortable as you would expect but he did win tackles and headers.

As fourth choice he did as well as you could expect against a good side.

I think it is a sign of his willingness that he has gone there when needed and just got on with it.

• Options
    He's far to casual to be a defender and he's good at getting forward, taking players on and crossing. But when he gets forward when playing LB his cross is then nearly always poor, whether he's knackered from the extra distance I don't know. We definitely lose a part of our attacking options when he plays at the back.

We've been unlucky with injuries and so needs must. But the fact Powell isn't prepared to risk youngsters either says something about him or about the quality of our youngsters.
  • Options
    Personally not that convinced with him as a LM, let alone LB. However, we're not in a position to be too fussy at the moment..............
  • Options
    edited November 2012

harsh, they did attack him but rarely got passed him.

He does sometimes look uncomfortable as you would expect but he did win tackles and headers.

As fourth choice he did as well as you could expect
    against a good side.

I think it is a sign of his willingness that he has gone there when needed and just got on with it.

This except in the opinion of a former left back who played at a decent level (no names no pack drill) he did far better than you could expect hence my man of the match pointless thread; give the guy a break.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    He wasn't the problem yesterday (neither was he v Boro).

If Fox was ready he would play. I noticed in the programme Paul Hart said it was only a year Fox spoke to him about his future - when he asked at that moment in time would he be offered a pro deal at the end of the season the answer was no.

From that he's clearly a player that's worked hard to improve and we're giving him a bit more time to see if he continues to do so.

It doesn't get much better than seeing a young player break through and make the step up, but I'd trust Powell to know whether he is ready or not.

Kerkar has played left back for Rangers reserves - Powell hasn't picked him there just because he's left footed. It's also important to have full backs that are comfortable on the ball.
  • Options
    Fox has improved a lot this Season,I think he has the physicality to cope in the Championship.But Hart and Powell and the other coaches see him every day so they can judge him better than me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's a cm been put out on the left wing and now at lb, give him a break. He's filled in well.
  • Options
    right now it's either him or JJ .. and JJ, for all his positives, nowadays is too slow to catch a cold
  • Options
    Kerkar is very much a left midfielder playing at left back, all the instincts and the intuition he normally plays with are no good to him (or any other player in the same situation.) I think yesterday was probably the best of his attempts at playing there, which tells a story really. No manager can be castigated for having first and second choice lbs out then the loanee bought in specifically to cover getting injured too.
  • Options
    Huddersfield tried to play everything down our left hand side once they realised Kerkar was the weak link. We negated that by doing evrything we could to stop Jack Hunt making his runs, legal or not.
  • Options

Huddersfield tried to play everything down our left hand side once they realised Kerkar was the weak link. We negated that by doing evrything we could to stop Jack Hunt making his runs, legal or not.

But they didn't get anything out of him, did they

• Options
    Nope. I like Kerkar as an attacking option and respect him for filling in as fifth choice.
  • Options
    I do like that jack hunt but his no sols
  • Options
    When you think of Kerkar a player new to the club willing to play out of position and you reflect back on some of our former "stars" especially Racon who would refused to play on the wing and you realise what a good attitude he has.
  • Options
    When is Wiggins back?
    When is Evina back?
    When is Seabourne back?
  • Options
    Tuesday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thankyou BB.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    ur welcome bb xoxo