Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Orange mobile

What's Orange like these days? Got offered a really good deal on a phon with a free tablet and the only thing that's leaving me unsure is what the signal's like.

Comments

• doesn't exist any more, does it? thought it was EE now.
  • Absolute, utter shit. Moved to them at work, against my better judgement. We used to be with Vodafone who, for all their faults, at least had good signal. Orange have paired up with T-Mobile and rebranded themselves as 'Everything Everywhere'. Unfortunately, the service is so poor and spotty that it should be renamed 'Fuck All Anywhere'. They're concentrating on cramming as many customers n as possible with their 4G, when half the time I can't get a reliable bloody phone signal off them. Avoid.
  • That's a shame , @riscardo has the same opinion.
  • I Left orange due to not being able to get a decent signal. got beyond a joke. As Leroy says Avoid.
  • I guess like all of them it depends where you are. I have no probs here in Essex and none when I go to central London. The one place that I've found it to be consistently bad is inside The Valley - not good at all there :-(
  • Have you tried these mate? Much better as you won't have to wait for the pips..................
  • Been with orange for over ten years - was always happy with the customer service but, as others have said, signal is poor these days, particularly as they implied that the TMobile merger would lead to a better signal. Will be looking elsewhere next time round.
  • I've just moved to Orange from Vodafone. I finally got fed up with Vodafone and their terrible customer service, already had a problem with Orange though, took nearly a week to transfer my old number over when it should have been 24 hours. Still they gave me a refund on my line rental for that period. No problems with reception or anything like that so far.
  • Been with them10years or so, lately they seem to have gone down the toilet in terms of phone coverage, and the 3g is patchy at best. My firm moved to Orange and people with company mobiles seem to be as happy with it as Leroy. Must do better.

PS -Is EE the most uninspiring trade name ever?
  • I've been with them for three years and have never had a problem with them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Took me a month to get the iphone5 nearly. Called them up to activate it, think I ended up paying an extra 5er a month beause I just couldnt understand who I was talking to, not proper english.

Wouldnt mind if the original contract I wanted wasnt so much already (41p/m)

If I want 4g I think its another 5er so that will be 51p/m..
  • Absolute, utter shit. Moved to them at work, against my better judgement. We used to be with Vodafone who, for all their faults, at least had good signal. Orange have paired up with T-Mobile and rebranded themselves as 'Everything Everywhere'. Unfortunately, the service is so poor and spotty that it should be renamed 'Fuck All Anywhere'. They're concentrating on cramming as many customers n as possible with their 4G, when half the time I can't get a reliable bloody phone signal off them. Avoid.

This +1 Went from Vodaphone to Orange as well a couple of years ago as I was pissed off with their service. Orange and T Mobile now EE signal is diabolical. Makes me laugh how they're pushing 4G - the obvious question is instead of having that why not make 3G work better, or work at all.

• Stig said:

The one place that I've found it to be consistently bad is inside The Valley - not good at all there :-(

Agree with this. In particular, the internet is so bad at the Valley that I often find myself having to watch the football.
  • Isn't EE 3G signal being deliberately slowed down to convince us that we all need to upgrade to 4G?
  • edited November 2012
    Uboat said:

Stig said:

The one place that I've found it to be consistently bad is inside The Valley - not good at all there :-(

Agree with this. In particular, the internet is so bad at the Valley that I often find myself having to watch the football.
    Internet coverage is typically terrible at sports events and the like due to the large number of people concentrated in the same place all attempting to gain access at the same time. For example, as an experiment, get on BBC Sport at about 3.25pm then try to do it at 3.50pm. There is no comparison and the sole reason for that is the network straining at half time.

As for EE, it's not perfect but I haven't found it to be as terrible as the above.