Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent

124»

Comments

• Options
    I don't buy that extra payment thing as a reason. £6 million for a guaranteed goalscoring striker is a lot cheaper than relegation
  • Options
    I think its a combination of the contract and lambert wanting to build his own team. If lambert is planning to sell in jan then it would cost villa an extra 6 million for bent to play a handful of games. Additionally bent would probably fetch 10 to 15 million on the transfer market. Some wheeling and dealing in the jan transfer window and lambert could revamp his squad.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

I think its a combination of the contract and lambert wanting to build his own team. If lambert is planning to sell in jan then it would cost villa an extra 6 million for bent to play a handful of games. Additionally bent would probably fetch 10 to 15 million on the transfer market. Some wheeling and dealing in the jan transfer window and lambert could revamp his squad.

...By signing Dale Stephens.
  • Options

Rumour has it that if he plays two more games for Sunderland it will trigger a £6m payment to Sunderland.

Guardian? I read similar, would explain a lot and Villa are hardly rolling in cash at the moment.
  • Options

johnny73 said:

...By signing Dale Stephens.

I was thinking that as I was typing!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    RedPanda said:

Rumour has it that if he plays two more games for Sunderland it will trigger a £6m payment to Sunderland.

Guardian? I read similar, would explain a lot and Villa are hardly rolling in cash at the moment.
    It was mentioned by The Guardian but I've also seen it over Twitter and a Villa forum. I think Talksport have also mentioned it.
  • Options
    Guess who...

''But I think he's a good player. I'd like to have Darren Bent available, believe you me. He can score goals. I've got no problem with Darren as a boy or as a player. I think he's a good player."
  • Options
    Was it said while leaning out of a car window?

I wonder what Sandra has to say about it?
  • Options
    Everyone on twitter, tweet Darren letting him know he would be welcome back at Charlton with open arms.

Im sure he already knows this but will put us at the front of his mind.
  • Options
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/28/darren-bent-aston-villa

There you go, whoever was claiming earlier that Bent was injured was clearly talking out of their arse.

Sounds to me like, as someone said earlier, that they don't want him to get to 50 games (or whatever) because that will trigger a payment clause to Sunderland - if I were a Villa fan I would be very, very worried.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lambert is a w***** end of debate...W*****