Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ruben Bover

Has anyone seen him play recently? How is he developing and will he make it? He looked very promising in the carling????? cup last year but hasn't been seen since. I was hoping that he would have been on the bench a bit this season.

Is there anyone in the development squad that stands out (apart from Azeez)

Comments

• Options
    Semi Ajayi, Tobi Sho Silva, Bradley Jordan, Jordan Coussins are the immediate ones to watch and then Joe Gomez. Haven't personally rated Poyet, but club seen very keen.

Forget Bover, he is light weight and will be gone by next summer
  • Options
    Think Bradley Jordans contract runs out soon - he only got a 6 month deal.
  • Options
    Speaking to a mate at work who is best mates with Bradley Jordan, and he travelled with the squad to Leeds the other week, so perhaps Powell sees him in his future plans.
  • Options
    Captain at last weeks game
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Based on Paul Hart's comments in the Huddersfield programme I'll be surprised if Bradley Jordan doesn't get an extended contract.

"...and we're also delighted with Bradley Jordan, who was offered a six month contract at the end of last season and has since torn the place apart."

Great to see a player really pushing on. Hart also praised Fox and Azeez for their improvement and performances this season.
  • Options
    Bover is a long term prospect, we are getting him used to the English game whilst maintaining that Spanish creativity and flair. We're getting him on the weights too and he is captain of the Under 21's, which isn't something to dismiss. He'll get his chance to shine
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Bover is a long term prospect, we are getting him used to the English game whilst maintaining that Spanish creativity and flair. We're getting him on the weights too and he is captain of the Under 21's, which isn't something to dismiss. He'll get his chance to shine

I can't see Bover making it with us.You say he will get his chance to shine,I can't see it myself.

• Options
    dickplumb said:

sam3110 said:

I can't see Bover making it with us.You say he will get his chance to shine,I can't see it myself.

This x 100!
  • Options
    You wonder whether he's being offered up for a loan out, but there have been no (suitable) takers so far....
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

sam3110 said:

Will still be with us a few more seasons i feel. Same goes with Mambo, the entire point of an u21 team is to slowly ease the players into the first team by about age 23/24 rather than releasing them at 16/18/20
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

dickplumb said:

sam3110 said:

Will still be with us a few more seasons i feel. Same goes with Mambo, the entire point of an u21 team is to slowly ease the players into the first team by about age 23/24 rather than releasing them at 16/18/20
    Wrong, both will be gone at end of the season. Otherwise where is the space for the next youth in the prof squad ie Derry, Gomez etc etc
  • Options
    To be honest with Green/Pritchard/Haynes/Wilson all favoured ahead of him on the right and Jackson/Kerkar both preferred on the left he doesn't have much chance to get into the squad, as his ability/skill isn't enough to compensate for his complete and total lack of physicality for me. Some players can get away with it I suppose but he is not one of them.

I do hope he proves me wrong mind you!
  • Options
    Agree on the bits I've seen of him (though from match reports we seem to use him centrally). Has to have enough about the rest of his game to make up for his size - something Solly, Wiggins and Pritchard have, but a lot of young players trying to break through don't.
  • Options
    Will probably look better in the Premiership. That argument appears to work for Dale Stephens. Gets tin hat