Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our midfield

Cant fault it for effort but it lacks pace and creativity and struggles to maintain possession. Only Wilson has really impressed me this season and I remain unconvinced by Frimpong who seems a bit rusty.
JJ and Pritch look off the pace and Kerkar goes missing in some of the games. Stephens I think can cut it at this level and Green probably works best as an impact sub.
Hopefully this will be addressed in the near future.

Comments

• Options
    Need Wilson to come back, sign an alternative to Kerkar in January and find the best central midfield pairing. Frimpong should do well with a run of games.
  • Options
    Was Stephens not quite fit and being rested for Millwall?

I thought Jackson had a poor game tonight in centre mid , can maybe play him in a 5 , but people just went past him too easily tonight , sad to see as he was a hero of last season.
  • Options
    Stephens with Frimpong ,when up to speed,to mop up behind him.
  • Options
    Got to have Wilson on the right and Pritch in the middle. Rest of midfield options are poor and we need to strengthen. Stephens could do it if he has the inclination but he is so inconsistent. JJ appears undropable as Powell made him captain.
  • Options
    Fringpong was extremely poor tonight. We need some creativity in midfield desperately.
  • Options
    We badly need a proper left midfielder in the January window. I don't think Kerkar is worth his place.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

We badly need a proper left midfielder in the January window. I don't think Kerkar is worth his place.

6 assists this season.....

If he finished the season with 15 assists the surely worth his place

• Options
    We should sign Boyd for LM in Jan
  • Options
    dizzee said:

We should sign Boyd for LM in Jan

spot on..............then play Green on the other wing with JJ & an other in the middle.

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Davo55 said:

6 assists this season.....

If he finished the season with 15 assists the surely worth his place

I don't think so Swisdom. Kerkar adds very little to the overall team play, messes up more crosses than he gets right, is very inconsistent and he is way too lightweight in the tackle. I agree he can do good things but nowhere near enough from my point of view,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boyd is terrible at tracking back 90% of the time, wouldn't feel confident playing 4-4-2 with him in the side.
  • Options
    kerkar is the ONLY midfielder we have capable of beating a man. he is frustrating at times for sure but with haynes up top and kerkar on the wing, teams take a step back, this allows us a chance. lose him, lose the edge.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited November 2012
    I agree about Kerkar Mrbligh. Didn't do too well today but I like him.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

kerkar is the ONLY midfielder we have capable of beating a man. he is frustrating at times for sure but with haynes up top and kerkar on the wing, teams take a step back, this allows us a chance. lose him, lose the edge.

Really? Didn't do it once tonight.
    Green did from the moment he came on.

• Options

Boyd is terrible at tracking back 90% of the time, wouldn't feel confident playing 4-4-2 with him in the side.

sod tracking back - his in the side to create goals.

Jeez - Killer would never get a game nowdays !!

• Options
    t

mrbligh said:

thats the frustrating part. he had a mare tonight but in the previous few games he played on the wing i think he's been quality. i think he could progress into a cm claus jensen type of player in the long run
  • Options
    I thought Kerkar was good today, He worked very hard int he first half but too often he was left waiting for Seaborne to get forward to support him and he ended up isolated. We barely put anything out on to the left in the second half but when we did he went on a brilliant run up the wing and pulled it back to Yann which led to him putting it out wide to Green and our second goal. I don't know what else people want from a winger - he defended well, ran well, passed well and was involved in our second goal. His crossing was as wayward as ever but considering the impact he had and how little he was brought into the game in the second 45 he's had a decent game.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

t

mrbligh said:

thats the frustrating part. he had a mare tonight but in the previous few games he played on the wing i think he's been quality. i think he could progress into a cm claus jensen type of player in the long run
    Blimey. Different strokes and all that. Never in a million years for me.

• Options
    the joy of opinions! we shall see!
  • Options
    Green must start.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Fuller and Kerms are to play up front then we need wingers who can cross. Green and Kerkar for me with Stephens and Dench in the middle.
  • Options
    But will CP drop JJ? That's the question.
  • Options
    Thought the Skipper had a poor game but when EF went off he stepped up and provided some bite.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Glad to see it's not just me that thinks this. Far too one dimentional for my liking and his positioning for headers is laughable at times. Worth having as an option but would really hope we could get better in Jan.

Unfortunately, Jackson is showing (like Hollands) that League 1 is probably his level, and unless we find ourselves back down there come May, I think this will be his last season for the club.
    Loyalty is a commendable thing, but there's simply no place for it in football. Players out-grow clubs and clubs out-grow players.....................
  • Options
    Frimpong is going to get better as he get's fitter but I'm afraid Stephens should be playing rather than JJ in the middle. Kerkar can beat a man and can deliver a good ball but too many of his crosses are aimless and easily cut out.
  • Options
    I dont think Frimpong had a poor game personally. Maybe an average game for a player of his standard but JJ was clearly the one told to roam and attack (he was chasing down and pressuring the back four further ahead that Fuller and Kerms at times) so Frimpong was there to sit and protect. He did that ok and used the ball fairly decent when spraying it out wide.

So i wouldnt say poor. Average maybe, but not poor. Remember he got a yellow after about 55-60mins so had to be more cautious.
  • Options
    Pritch Stephens Frimpong Green
  • Options

Pritch Stephens Frimpong Green

Wilson Stephens Frimpong Kerkar

• Options

sod tracking back - his in the side to create goals.

Jeez - Killer would never get a game nowdays !!

really??????

4-4-2 means your two wide players have defensive duties. He could probably cheat in a 4-5-1.

Solly is able to cope so well at the moment because he knows Pritchard is going to cover him, especially in away games.

Green is not the player Solly will want infront of him at the den.
  • Options
    lacks pace, creativity and any sort of ommph. Peterborough had three players willing to run at us with the ball and attack us. We are so pedestrian it's untrue. Jackson should be dropped but I'm not sure Stephens is the answer. Concerned.