Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brum or Scum?

I don't usually talk like my title reads it's just that it rhymes nicely! Anyhow, tonight I have booked a flight back to my very missed home for a family do and 2 weeks of pubs and friends and I can't wait as it has been a few years. Would like your thoughts on the following...Will be home for 2 games; Palace away and Birmingham at home. With other commitments I only have the time for one of the games. Do I go to smellworst with you lot and have one big sing song and hopefully a huge win OR do I go to my beloved Valley with all the feel good family history I have there?

Comments

• Options
    Personally, I'd go for home everytime. It's actually Charlton, it's The Valley, the walk down Floyd Road with all the noise and movement!

Then again.. Palace away should be tasty.
  • Options
    I'd go for Palace.
  • Options
    I'd probably opt for Palace away. More likely to win that as well.
  • Options
    "beloved valley" I think the answer is there
  • Options
    Give your money to the club you support, not the club you don't.
  • Options
    Cmon, it's only long lost much missed family ! Man up and do both games...they'll understand BC. ;0)
  • Options
    Palace, its a "no brainer"
  • Options
    Palace, we play better away and will win this one in a great atmosphere
  • Options
    You guys need to put yourself in his position though, he hasn't been to SE7 for a couple of years so under theses circumstances I'd say making the pilgrimage to the Valley is more important.
  • Options
    I reckon you should go for Palace. When we smash them you will be so excited you will buy a ticket for the Brum game anyway...plus if you invite your friends / family to join you at the Brum game you can go for beers before / after, make a day of it and catch up with everyone - everyone's a winner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    has to be the home game.

Can't imagine being out the country for a few years and not wanting to walk down Floyd Road again.

Or if you look at it coldly, who on your visit home would you want to give your money to. Charlton or Palace ?

The correct answer of course is rework your schedule to do both !
  • Options
    Hope we get a home 4th round FA Cup replay, then you can do that plus Palace away?
  • Options
    neither.

go shopping at Bluewater.
  • Options
    Presuming you are staying in or close to South London, are you really unable to commit six or so hours to football over the course of two weeks? Our entire trip is planned around football... LOL
  • Options
    palace away but pick your ticket up from the valley so you can at least have a pint in Bartram's and a butchers in the club shop then enjoy the 3 points at selhurst then back to charlton after the game for a good old celebration piss up
  • Options
    Both!
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Palace, its a "no brainer"

Oh the irony
  • Options
    Having spent some time living away from the UK I can honestly say that for me there would be no choice as I really missed the whole match day experience visiting The Valley. A win was always a bonus but not essential as when I came back a home game was always an extension of seeing friends, family, etc.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Have enjoyed reading your posts! Used to live in Ashford which is where most of my family now live. The day of the Palace game I will be in Bexley Heath (for that evening) at a pub for a big family do... how close to Palace??!! Have to go to the Valley though me thinks so it is definately Brum. However, some of you are helping me get my priorities in order and I will try do both!