Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BBC is going to the dogs!

This is a quote taken from the BBC web site, relating to last nights game:

Palace impressed in the first half at The Valley but failed to take their chances, with Bradley Pritchard then hitting the post moments after the restart.

What idiots.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Made equally annoying for me after the phone call I had from the TV license people yesterday. Nice enough young lady but she still failed to realise that food and heating take priority over an installment for a TV license for something I don't even use, except for BBC sport online during matchday ! "Sorry love, my £71 a week JSL just is not stretching to supporting rabid liberal leaning TV output and the covert support of pedophiles over many years, nowadays... "
  • Options
    The BBC have always sucked balls......
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Never watched or listened to anything they have ever made then Rob?
  • Options
    I Love the BBC . God forbid it was anything like the shite TV on channel 3 .
  • Options
    I like most of the documentaries that they make. But calling us Palace.....unforgivable.
  • Options
    It's probably Press Association copy.
  • Options
    There reporting has always been shit... Non football aswell.
  • Options
    What gets my goat is that the BBC online football page defaults to the premier league. When you pick the championship (which can be a struggle as it tries to revert to the premier league) if you pick a game to read whats happening, clicking back reverts back to the premier league. They seem to think people are only interested in the league they donate millions to the presenters of. W**kers
  • Options
    Bought a copy of "i" this morning as there was no Independent available, football coverage consists of two and a third pages of previews of tonight's Prem matches, one and a half of reports on last nights Prem matches, a half page photo of Christian Benteke, an article about racism and Spurs, a tenth of a page with football results ( no teams, scorers, attendance figures, just the results ) three paragraphs covering four championship games and a small photo of Mick McCarthy...
  • Options

Bought a copy of "i" this morning as there was no Independent available, football coverage consists of two and a third pages of previews of tonight's Prem matches, one and a half of reports on last nights Prem matches, a half page photo of Christian Benteke, an article about racism and Spurs, a tenth of a page with football results ( no teams, scorers, attendance figures, just the results ) three paragraphs covering four championship games and a small photo of Mick McCarthy...

Psst... You are aware the i is supposed to be a condensed newspaper right?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Made equally annoying for me after the phone call I had from the TV license people yesterday. Nice enough young lady but she still failed to realise that food and heating take priority over an installment for a TV license for something I don't even use, except for BBC sport online during matchday ! "Sorry love, my £71 a week JSL just is not stretching to supporting rabid liberal leaning TV output and the covert support of pedophiles over many years, nowadays... "

'kin beautiful soapy!

• Options
    Yeeessss, err, did you read what I wrote? To condense it ( see what I did there ) four and a half pages of football coverage, three paragraphs of which were not about the Premier League.
  • Options
    For god's sake. If you think about the amount of stuff the BBC have to cover, then errors will occur. Of course, it's annoying, but in the long run the amount the BBC provides way outbalances any minor errors. During each game, they have someone giving updates every minute and have all the stats availabe for weeks after. As stated above, not in this case, but in some other case it's the Associated Press that makes the errors.
  • Options
    Well said ValleyFred
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

Only to get me moneys worth out the dough I've coughed up for the derge they serve up. Always sucked balls!
  • Options
    Obviously such a large organization has flaws but overall I think they provide a good service.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

Only to get me moneys worth out the dough I've coughed up for the derge they serve up. Always sucked balls!
    Yeah okay... Stick to Big Brother and X Factor if I were you then. By the way, it's "dirge"...

• Options
    The BBC is one of the best things this country has going for it.
  • Options
    The BBC is brilliant overall. As an expat, I can assure you you'd miss it if it was gone.
  • Options
    Think the BBC is really good and has produced quality entertainment for a long time, I barely watch anything that isn't on BBC tbh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The BBC is brilliant overall. As an expat, I can assure you you'd miss it if it was gone.

this - a million times over......
  • Options
    I hate the BBC
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Shag said:

I hate the BBC

I hate the way that it is funded. Content can on many occasions be outstanding but is a Public Broadcasting Organisation relevant in this day and age and is it acceptable that in these days of austerity a whole bureaucratic structure be kept in place to chase and harangue people with more important things to spend their money on? ie; cheap cider, fags and i-phones...
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

Yeah okay... Stick to Big Brother and X Factor if I were you then. By the way, it's "dirge"...

HaHa So in your view, if someone doesn't think the BBC is all that good, they must be into Big faaackin Brother??? Yeah righto.

The other terrestrial channels don't benefit from the compulsory fee that you have to pay for the right to own a TV where as the BBC do, so in my opinion, I think the corporation should be representative of all it's customers instead of just the tree hugging, liberal twonks whom it caters for at present!

By the way, I don't watch XFactor or Big Brother pal, they both suck balls too!
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

Glad you agree!

; )
  • Options
    its shit --end of
  • Options
    I hope all those who think the BBC is overpriced are not paying for Sky.

PSB is still importat today. Do you really want a channel full of nothing but reality shows and stuff purchased from America. News and doncumentatries are what the BBC do best, but they also have to be internationally commercially viable as well.
    They are really going to suffer when the licence fee has to also cover the world service.
  • Options
    Would it be appropriate at this point before we all go down the bbc=looney lefty route that its face of politics is that marxist firebrand, Nick Robinson. Former chair of the Young Conservatives, Nick Robinson that is.

James Landale, David Dimbleby and Chris Patten are hardly likely to be signed up to the Morning Star either and Paxman just hates everyone.

Just think it's a bit easy to label them lefty when there are probably as bigger mix of views inside the BBC as anywhere else.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

HaHa So in your view, if someone doesn't think the BBC is all that good, they must be into Big faaackin Brother??? Yeah righto.

The other terrestrial channels don't benefit from the compulsory fee that you have to pay for the right to own a TV where as the BBC do, so in my opinion, I think the corporation should be representative of all it's customers instead of just the tree hugging, liberal twonks whom it caters for at present!

By the way, I don't watch XFactor or Big Brother pal, they both suck balls too!
    Okay, you don't watch other shite, fair enough, but your argument simply does not hold up. How are Dr. Who, Match of the Day, Great Railway Journeys, New Tricks, Strictly Come Dancing etc etc catering for tree hugging liberals ( or decent people who care about more than just themselves, as some might call them )? You are talking rubbish, and using a dreadful childish American expression to put across your opinion to boot... And you can't spell...
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    DRF said:

I hope all those who think the BBC is overpriced are not paying for Sky.

PSB is still importat today. Do you really want a channel full of nothing but reality shows and stuff purchased from America. News and doncumentatries are what the BBC do best, but they also have to be internationally commercially viable as well.
    They are really going to suffer when the licence fee has to also cover the world service.

They are viable and they make more than enough money worldwide to continue being made. PSB is irrelevant today, especially in an age of digital technology and access to it. The license fee is a self serving anachronistic left over that should be consigned to history. Bring on the adverts.