Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

joggy jackson, time to go??, solly or kermo captain

think its time joggy reached his ability and is not coping with this level of football, he scores important goals i know but when he stops doing this and missing penalties what is he there for certainly not for his immense pace "runs down the wing for me" lol

solly or kermo to be made captain, solly very inspirational on the pitch kermo has fans palm of his hands because he is that good

Comments

• Options
    Not Morrow??? Probably been our best player this year
  • Options
    We've got 13 points from 15 FFS???!!!!!!
  • Options
    so? Jackson doesn't deserve his place in the side imo
  • Options
    Jackson had to do a hell of a lot of work last night to make up for the ineffective Frimpong.
  • Options
    Loves-A-Thread Flynners, time to go?????
  • Options

explain.
  • Options

We've got 13 points from 15 FFS???!!!!!!

This. Cannot believe the amount of moaning going on here at the moment. Its as bad as it was when we were about 8 places lower in the league a few weeks back.

When Jackson goes and bags a winning goal in the next couple of games then all this nonsense will die down again. That is until we don't go and beat someone by more than 2 goals and don't look like Barcelona doing it.
  • Options

Jackson had to do a hell of a lot of work last night to make up for the ineffective Frimpong.

I thought they were both covering eaech other and this resulted in them both being pants.

I love Jacko but we cannot afford to carry anyone and we currently are. A few weeks out of the team might give him a little breather he is looking for.

Our midfield gives me great cause for concern at the moment and it's our excellent defence that is the reason we aer picking up points

• Options
    Ridiculous thread. In the words of Chris Kamara "Unbelievable Jeff."
  • Options
    flynners out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

explain.
    He's doing better in the middle than he does on the wing but even so I still think he's too slow and can be bypassed far too easily by either running or passing past him. Yes, he has a decent set piece and yes he can be dangerous at times but is that really enough to keep him in a 4-man midfield? Especially when he's no longer the penalty taker (thankfully!).
  • Options

explain.
    Too slow, the game is passing him by, Posh's midfield ran rings round him last night!

• Options
    Just say Solly
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

explain.
    He's doing better in the middle than he does on the wing but even so I still think he's too slow and can be bypassed far too easily by either running or passing past him. Yes, he has a decent set piece and yes he can be dangerous at times but is that really enough to keep him in a 4-man midfield? Especially when he's no longer the penalty taker (thankfully!).
    Agree fully. Last night players sauntered by him as if he wasn't there. Lots of huff and puff but just not at the races. You can see he is trying hard but we really can't afford to have a player out there for motivation and free kicks.
    He's not alone - midfield last night were pretty dire all game - but i've been saying all season that he is off the pace.

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

explain.
    Too slow, the game is passing him by, Posh's midfield ran rings round him last night!

unfortunately I agree with this, yes he scores some important goals, but at the moment I feel he's a passenger and is a yard off the pace all over the park

• Options
    I think it made him look worse last night because they had 5 in the middle so there was always a spare man, which meant our mid 2 were always playing catch-up.
  • Options
    I thought Jackson dug in and got us out of some holes last night and was probably our best midfielder.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Away from home he gives stability, experience and moments of quality. He also scores important goals (top scorer isnt he?)

If people think dropping him for a trip to The Den and replacing with Stephens (along with some calling for Green to start) we will have too many shirkers in the side. Saturday will be a physical battle in CM make no doubts about it and JJ doesnt hide.

Along with the fact we have MM supsended, so if Jackson was dropped we'd seriously lack natural leaders.

If you are going to drop someone, you need to think of the next opposition, the qualities of who your bringing in and what differences your going to gain and lose.

• Options
    I thought he had one of his better games last night but it is frustrating to have so slow central midfielders (Jackson, Frimpong, Hollands, Stephens...) who can't manoeuvre themselves into dangerous positions behind the opposition defence.

Compare to George Boyd for example (an ex-Addick) who was outstanding last night.
  • Options
    Jackson was one of our better players last night. Can't believe people are having a go at him. Thankfully he will listen to Powell and not some of you lot
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joggy Jackson...
    You can give you're opinion but no need to be so insulting to our Captain, seems to have forgotten Cardiff already.

• Options
    JJ was one our best players last night imo you'll all be saying Solly when he blasts a free kick in Saturday
  • Options

I thought he had one of his better games last night but it is frustrating to have so slow central midfielders (Jackson, Frimpong, Hollands, Stephens...) who can't manoeuvre themselves into dangerous positions behind the opposition defence.

Compare to George Boyd for example (an ex-Addick) who was outstanding last night.

I wouldn't say Boyd was outstanding last night at all. No end product.
  • Options

I thought Jackson dug in and got us out of some holes last night and was probably our best midfielder.

This
  • Options

I wouldn't say Boyd was outstanding last night at all. No end product.
    No end product was the story of their whole evening - on that performance, if they had a 15 goal per season striker they'd be in midtable. However I enjoyed watching Boyd's energy and techinical ability - even the overweight Tomlin was very neat and tidy in possession.
  • Options

Away from home he gives stability, experience and moments of quality. He also scores important goals (top scorer isnt he?)

If people think dropping him for a trip to The Den and replacing with Stephens (along with some calling for Green to start) we will have too many shirkers in the side. Saturday will be a physical battle in CM make no doubts about it and JJ doesnt hide.

Along with the fact we have MM supsended, so if Jackson was dropped we'd seriously lack natural leaders.

If you are going to drop someone, you need to think of the next opposition, the qualities of who your bringing in and what differences your going to gain and lose.

good post and well put

• Options

good post and well put

Agreed.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Joggy Jackson...
    You can give you're opinion but no need to be so insulting to our Captain, seems to have forgotten Cardiff already.

Spot on. And could have had another goal last night had he timed his header. I would not want anyone else leading this team at the moment. Got stuck in last night, won a few tackles and has a sweet left foot. Leading goalscorer too, if you don't count Leon Clarke!

• Options

Agreed
  • Options
    He might not be the quickest but he is a captain and galvanises the team and leads by example doesn't hide and in my opinion is worthy of this place, in Powell we trust