Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Miscellany

Miscellany is what it's called and miscellany is certainly what it is. Over 150 pages of “trivia, history, facts and stats”. It's a small volume but I was very pleasantly surprised to find that it was a hardback – for a cover price of £9.99 (a pound cheaper via certain internet traders) I was only really expecting a paperback. The print is small enough to give it the deserved description “packed” and just big enough to mean that you wont need an electron microscope to read it.

So what's it got in it then? The answer, I guess is a little bit of everything. It's not a full compendium like Home & Away or Valiant 500, but it does contain a lot: Pen portraits of various players and details of certain selected matches including greatest comebacks, opening matches and openers. There's information on various managers and a set of “Lennieisms”.

I'm sure many Lifers will find the tall versus short elevens of interest. I won't spoil the surprise by telling you the tallest player, but I will whet your appetite by confirming that Martin Pringle makes number 11 on the list. Personally, I was surprised to see Scott Parker on the short list. I never knew he was that little.

At under a tenner Miscellany would make a nice little coffee table read; something that's easy to pick up and put down. Or perhaps something to keep for those otherwise dull moments in the smallest room. And I'm sure that if anyone is in one of those dreadful Secret Santa efforts at work, your un-named colleague would like nothing better than the chance to find out who turned down the chance to manage Charlton preferring instead to run a sweetshop in Rugby.

CHARLTON ATHLETIC Miscellany, is compiled by Matthew Eastley and published by Pitch.

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a link to it on the club website so here's a link to amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Charlton-Athletic-Miscellany-Addicks-History/dp/1908051523/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1354212873&sr=8-3

Comments