Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Koc & bull story?

Comments

• Options

vff said:

Not the end of the world though ?

1st Feb is my key date. Then we will have a much clearer idea about our financial health

Why?
  • Options
    Because the transfer window closes, and if Solly, Stephens and Hamer are still at the club, it'll tell a lot of us that things aren't that bad.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Oh yeah.....was being a bit dunce there! Thought Prague had some more "itk" stuff
  • Options

I don't know how long I can keep this up..

Is that a quote from Koc?
  • Options
    At least Man U, Arse, Liverpool generated the income to spend big - fair play to 'em. Chelsea and Man City totally different, don't think (not really sure tho' tbh) I'd want us like that
  • Options
    All gone very quiet ain't it
  • Options

At least Man U, Arse, Liverpool generated the income to spend big - fair play to 'em. Chelsea and Man City totally different, don't think (not really sure tho' tbh) I'd want us like that

I think city have the support to maintain it, just the clubs you mentioned got a head start
  • Options
    When will this saga reach it's climax?
  • Options
    This thread is pathetic.

Some of you want to be a bit more choosy about who and what you believe.
  • Options
    By the way, I heard that Kuwaiti money could be in the mix.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Off_it said:

This thread is pathetic.

Some of you want to be a bit more choosy about who and what you believe.

I thought I was on my own...phew!

• Options
    5 days and counting......

Till nothing happens.
  • Options

They only managed to do that because they screwed over every other club much worse then City or Chelsea have done, they just did it back in the so called "glory days" of football when money didnt matter, which is laughable.
  • Options
    Still quiet ain't it
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Because the transfer window closes, and if Solly, Stephens and Hamer are still at the club, it'll tell a lot of us that things aren't that bad.

But September 1st didn't tell us that?
  • Options

They only managed to do that because they screwed over every other club much worse then City or Chelsea have done, they just did it back in the so called "glory days" of football when money didnt matter, which is laughable.
    Sorry Gretna - you have lost me with that one, I don't like any of the clubs I mentioned, they made money thru' winning, big crowds, merchandise and kept re-investing - who and how did they screw over ?
  • Options

Sorry Gretna - you have lost me with that one, I don't like any of the clubs I mentioned, they made money thru' winning, big crowds, merchandise and kept re-investing - who and how did they screw over ?
    I don't have long but the basic principle is that Arsenal/Utd/Liverpool with the other bigger European clubs made the system that rewarded them much more then there league opponents, which helped make a gulf of finances, the system was so corrupt it has meant the only way for any team to on a regular basis change things is if they have a big investor, if they had never created the corrupt system then we would not have the need for clubs like City/Chelsea to do what they do.

Ideally we would not have them spending hundreds of millions on players but blame those clubs not City/Chelsea.

Defending those clubs is like the people who think we should all still bow to the royals, keep everyone in there place.

Hope that helps but im in a bit of a rush.

• Options

Rothko said:

But September 1st didn't tell us that?

No, because TJ is not rich enough to fund us on his own for a full season, without being reasonably sure that, quite reasonably, he can get a return on his investment.

You will also have read ROV' s take on it that Cash has always planned to inject more in Jan but dependent on our league position. I personally have doubts about this version, but either way it means that Feb 1st will make a lot of things clearer
  • Options
    Off_it said:

By the way, I heard that Kuwaiti money could be in the mix.

Source?
  • Options
    Oh dear... Acworth thinks we are being taken over by a consortium of arabs;

Wait for it...

Led by David Beckham, because his dad is a Charlton fan.

He's really not all there is he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Wait for it...

Did he say it was David Beckham? I think he said initials are DB. Could be Darren Bent, David Bently, any niumber of others. Beckham's old man is Spurs, isn't he?

Not that any of it is true, of course!!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    CAFCsayer said:

Wait for it...

Maybe not all there but loves Charlton so much he actually wrote to many on the wealthy list, whether they liked football or not. If you've never met him, don't knock him...he is a disaster, but with a very big heart.

• Options
    Derek Branning?....Danny Baker?....Dino Baggio?....Duncan Bannatyne?....David Bowie?
  • Options
    David Beckham's old man is as much a Charlton fan as the Queen of England so we can put that to bed!!
  • Options
    Dani Behr
  • Options
    Dirk Bogarde?
  • Options
    I see the main Koc source has lost the plot.
  • Options
    David Bernstein?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Daily Bollocks?
  • Options
    Daniel Beddingfield?