Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Changes for Wednesday ?

edited August 2006 in General Charlton
Will Dowie make any ?

Would not be suprised to see the same 11 start. Ideally i'd like to see Rommedahl given a run, the emphasis should always be on the home team to attack, but having seen Man U yesterday, i'm not sure him having the responsibility for Giggs would be wise.

Comments

• Options
    Gotta agree. Need someone a little more defensive against Giggs.
  • Options
    The only other thing i can see changing is centre mid, but the only real option is bringing Kish in for me.

Despite an abundance of new signings, we seem to have very few options at the moment.
  • Options
    Is Kish injured?

Carson
    Young, Gonzo, Traore (he'll be ok for this game wont he?), Herman
    Ambrose, Faye, Kish/Holland,Reid
    Bent, JFH
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    With Thomas injured, Reid unfit and Bolanos waiting on his WP leaves us a little light on the left IMO. Probably why ID played Hughes "he is.." out there.

Why not play Dennis / Ambrose on the left, Hughes on the right (protection against Giggs) and Kish in the middle alongside Faye?
  • Options
    Is Fortune carrying a slight knock, or is he just unfancied ?

I know he failed his 'back to training' fitness tests in the Summer, and had to do a couple of extra days training when the rest were given days off.
  • Options
    Any views on Carson from those who were there? Understand he made some good saves. Did he have a good presence? - kicking ok?
  • Options
    Kicking ok, one or two good saves, but looks a bit hurried and didn't give off a reassuring appearance. A little bit like Andersen to be honest.
    Could of caught a couple of punches, and i thought was slow to get down for the Zamora one which hit the post.

If you're going to start with him though, i'd like to see him given a 5-6 games to see how he is once he settles down. From what i have seen so far, i think Wigan got the better Liverpool keeper on loan.
  • Options
    I'd start Reid, only way he'll get fit quickly is to throw him in for 60 minutes, and when he starts to puff, get Romm on.
  • Options
    Cheers. Agree that he needs a chance to settle down. I hope that he turns out to be the real deal, because I don't think Anderson (def) and Mhyre (prob) are the answer.
  • Options
    Yeah rothko, i make you right, throw him on the left and put on Romm after an hour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2006
    I'd start Reid, only way he'll get fit quickly is to throw him in for 60 minutes

I see your logic, but disagree.

Man U are all about pace and counter-attacking, them and Arsenal are the two teams you avoid for getting someone's fitness up.
  • Options
    It won't surprise you that I would substitute Kish for Holland.

Assuming Traore is suspended I'd play Fortune and Sorondo in the middle and move HH to left back.
  • Options
    Hi Len,

though i think your Kish support is sometimes over the top, i would of given anything to have had him in the middle for the second half on Saturday.

I'm not sure Traore is suspended, doesn't it normally not kick in for a week ?
  • Options
    Suspensions come straight in now.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=29498
  • Options
    Thats a right result!
  • Options
    oh dear, HH was awful at left back on Saturday.

Has to be Fortune in now, definately. If he starts EL Kak and Sorrondo together, then i'll start wondering if the Palace fans were right !
  • Options
    I thought the game was on Tuesday
  • Options
    It was on a Wednesday in 2006
  • Options
    I bet we still went out in first round