Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options
    Still snowing lightly in Bromley, everything slowly getting covered though
  • Options

Belverdere

Weird! Did believe you, just nothing on the streets of Crayford as yet. Could have changed by now! Is that up by Belvedere Cricket Club?
  • Options
    nothing in borough green at 9am this morning - got ready for work and opened the front door at 10am to find it snowing and a nice covering already.

Can't be bothered to trek into the office (Meopham) as I don't trust some of the minor roads.............working from home today then.
  • Options
    Light covering in Maidstone. Still coming down land looks snowy as hell on the downs.
  • Options
    Steady snow around Leatherhead (& J9/M25). One cat is chasing round the garden trying to catch snowflakes, the other is in the warm looking out of the window thinking 'what a dimwit sister I've got!'
  • Options
    I'm on the downs north east of Maidstone and we've only had a few flurries so far, though our garden is still white from Monday night's snow.
  • Options
    Just started again here .. on top of about 3 inches left on the ground. The main roads are pretty clear .. but over the Pennine hills & far away ? .. no Blackburn for me .. pity as I usually enjoy my weekends in Lancashire
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Gammysnr said:

Belverdere

Weird! Did believe you, just nothing on the streets of Crayford as yet. Could have changed by now! Is that up by Belvedere Cricket Club?
    yes, three minute walk (timed many times getting to the bar)
  • Options
    still snowing in brom, coming down quite hard atm
  • Options
    light dusting an hour ago in Dartford but already had half my staff asking how much snow is needed before we send them home whilst another asked to borrow the pool car as it's 4 wheel drive.

Builders have just left site in Tooting too because they ar worried about getting home

Seems there is a bit of an overreaction to all of this so far...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

light dusting an hour ago in Dartford but already had half my staff asking how much snow is needed before we send them home whilst another asked to borrow the pool car as it's 4 wheel drive.

Builders have just left site in Tooting too because they ar worried about getting home

maybe, but I remember 2 years ago I set off from Swanley at 9.30am to go to my (then) office in Hythe - I got as far as the M25/M20/ A20 roundabout to find it gridlocked - I then spent 2 hrs just getting onto the M25 so that i could come back home again and by 5pm I was on the A2 and by 8.30pm I was back home.

11 hrs to go virtually nowhere...............so from now on I will work from home until I know the roads are passable.
  • Options
    Nice snow here hope it gets heavier love the snow
  • Options

Reporting snow in Sussex.

whereabouts are you?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Why don't you call the Fire Brigade?
  • Options
    Steady here in Welling and it's lying but not deep suspect if it carries on all day we will have a few inches by tomorrow. It is January after all!
  • Options
    Two and a half hours before we're due to leave for centre parcs. In two minds at the moment.
  • Options
    Work near Oxford Circus and it's settling in the non-tourist side-streets. The amazing thing is one of the team got a call from his wife at 9.15am telling him to get home as she didn't want him unable to get back later. He went to see his line-manager and then went home.

He lives in BARNET!!! FFS!!! Have told his line manager to make sure it goes in as a day's holiday!!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
  • Options

Two and a half hours before we're due to leave for centre parcs. In two minds at the moment.

Crack on Dave. Life shouldn't stop because of a bit of snow.

Go and enjoy yourselves!!!
  • Options
    I have something similar here, a colleague keeps looking out the window and sighing and worrying about trains. Getting really annoying.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

Work near Oxford Circus and it's settling in the non-tourist side-streets. The amazing thing is one of the team got a call from his wife at 9.15am telling him to get home as she didn't want him unable to get back later. He went to see his line-manager and then went home.

He lives in BARNET!!! FFS!!! Have told his line manager to make sure it goes in as a day's holiday!!

and then no doubt he'll throw a sickie later in the year to get his docked holiday day back. You cant win.

• Options
    TelMc32 said: Work near Oxford Circus and it's settling in the non-tourist side-streets. The amazing thing is one of the team got a call from his wife at 9.15am telling him to get home as she didn't want him unable to get back later. He went to see his line-manager and then went home.

Couldn't agree more Tel too much panic over a bit of bad weather. On the other hand I have some sympathy with DaveMehmet I got caught in a snow storm on the M25 a few years back and was stuck there for 8 hours it's bad enough for adults but with kids in the car it is truely a nightmare.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I have something similar here, a colleague keeps looking out the window and sighing and worrying about trains. Getting really annoying.

We're all worried about the poor trains.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

with good cause. Southeastern reporting delays due to track problems at Ldn Bridge.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    cafcpolo said:

Kap10 said:

Snowy sleety in Bournmouth

The surrounding areas however are carnage!!
    Oh man ain't that the truth! 2:15hr to get to work this morning across town. Did something I've not done for ages to have a (verbal) dig at the bloke behind me who insisted on trying to follow me crawling up a hill about 8" off my bumper when everyone was stuggling for traction. Pointed out that if I started sliding backwards, like everyone else was, I hope he was okay if I used my towbar on his s###y little Matiz to slow me down...

• Options

Curb_It said:

with good cause. Southeastern reporting delays due to track problems at Ldn Bridge.

The wrong kind of snow?

• Options
    edited January 2013
    JT said:

THE PEST FROM THE WEST

Whoosh .....it must have somehow bypassed Cornwall. Rain, rain, rain.
    Just like every other day of the bluddy winter (and last summer).

So gloomy. Like living with a mattress over your head.

Oi Mr Weatherman, wheres our SNOW then ....????

• Options
    Are you feeling left out Oggy? :-0
  • Options
    Yeah, totally Mr M in Asdas.

Everywhere's saturated and squelchy. And gloomy.

Anyway, you can keep your bleedin' snow. What we need is SUN!
  • Options
    We're in the early stages of snowfall in Ashford