Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options
    Bloody hell Len, I haven't seen you post a link that much since Farage made his last press conference.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Bloody hell Len, I haven't seen you post a link that much since Farage made his last press conference.

LOL

• Options
    Snowing in Sidcup
  • Options
    Was a couple of hours ago and just started again here in Essex. Not settling (yet).
  • Options
    Walked home in Croydon in a blizzard that lasted all of five minutes - funny how coincidences crop up isn't it? As in we have a blizzard on the same day we have Kettle as a ref!
  • Options
    More of the white stuff falling on Oxford Street right now.
  • Options
    Blizzard in Barling! Can't believe it - weather is well forked up.
  • Options
    Been trying hard all morning in Maidstone but nothing much settling
  • Options
    Seriously getting on my nerves now - the snow.
  • Options
    City has snow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big flakes on downs north east of Maidstone, but not settling fortunately. Crazy weather!
  • Options
    I have some in The Mall
  • Options
    Big flakes inMaidstone but not settling. Looks very pretty though.
  • Options
    Snowing in Eynsford. Big flakes but not really sticking, yet...
  • Options
    Blizzard in Dartford at the moment.
  • Options
    Even a few flakes in Bournemouth today causing much embarrassment to the flip flop wearing, hair band sporting, self styled "cool" surfer dudes who insist on dressing like it's Venice Beach whatever time of year it is...
  • Options

Blizzard in Dartford at the moment.

Southeastern will be cancelling trains then!

• Options
    Hail storm in Southend!
  • Options
    Thunder & lightning/rain & hail in Surrey (nr. j9/M25
  • Options
    Bump

Looks like another year in the south east at least with no snow. I wonder if we are ever going to see a significant winter again ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For the past month or two they've been saying on the weather / news .... Ooo be careful its going to snow on Thursday etc. and its never happened, wonder if they've started looking out the window shouting: Snow you prick, snow!!
  • Options

Bump

Looks like another year in the south east at least with no snow. I wonder if we are ever going to see a significant winter again ?

There was a small flurry of snow on Sunday night in the Dartford area!
  • Options
    My eldest daughter is nearly 3 and she's never seen snow! Hope we have some in years to come, I'd hate her to miss out on the fun.
  • Options
    Had some in Beckenham a few weeks back.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Bump

1814 was the last time the Thames froze in London and also incidentally the last time an Elephant walked across it.

we will never see this phenomenon again in our life time. unless a nuclear war happens. and if we survive then a nuclear winter similar to an ice age would certainly make the even more toxic waters of the Thames freeze.
  • Options

Bump

1814 was the last time the Thames froze in London and also incidentally the last time an Elephant walked across it.

we will never see this phenomenon again in our life time. unless a nuclear war happens. and if we survive then a nuclear winter similar to an ice age would certainly make the even more toxic waters of the Thames freeze.
    Cheery.
  • Options

Bump

Cheery.
    I know and I've just started a thread about swine flu
  • Options

Bump

about a month ago we awoke in sunny East Sussex to a Winter Wonderland. Warmed up a lot during the day and all gone by late afternoon.
  • Options

Bump

@cabbles - take note

• Options
    edited February 2016
    We had some snow in Mataro, up the coast from Barcelona, on sunday night, and there were still bits left over yesterday in the shade.
    Was'nt there a sort of mini-ice age in the 1800's ( I believe the Americans called the years in question 'eighteen-hundred-and-froze-to-death) and that was actually an unusual blip in the weather? This winter has been almost non existant, but these blips do happen.