Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• @DaveMehmet my Facebook on this day indicates that it was 7 years ago today that our train got only as far as Hither Green due to snow and you suggested it would be the best idea if we went into the pub there for 'a few hours' to let it all pass. On ordering of the first round we discovered you had no money on you...

Happy days! Can't believe it was 7 years ago though, you sure?
  • @DaveMehmet my Facebook on this day indicates that it was 7 years ago today that our train got only as far as Hither Green due to snow and you suggested it would be the best idea if we went into the pub there for 'a few hours' to let it all pass. On ordering of the first round we discovered you had no money on you...

7 years later he still plays the same card.
  • I’ve got six inches here at Shooters Hill

What a massive erection...the shooters hill water tower is

Happy days! Can't believe it was 7 years ago though, you sure?
    Yep. Apparently it took us 4 1/2 hrs to get home :-)
  • It's 12.4 degrees in my house at the moment. I refuse to put the heating on during the day. The last thing I need is snow.

Are your chickens laying?
  • Lee is expecting 6 inches tonight!
  • from Nov 10 on 'ere @DaveMehmet

Crafterly sneaked my way to hither green an hour ago, jumped on a sidcup train, even got a seat and was laughing. Sat at hither green for half hour then the train got taken out of service. Still stuck here.

Can handle the cold, the snow and not being able to get home. Being stuck with Dave Mehmet in a pub who has no cash on him is proving hard to take.

• It's 12.4 degrees in my house at the moment. I refuse to put the heating on during the day. The last thing I need is snow.

Are your chickens laying?
    Most of the younger ones are. The older ones have packed up for the year.
  • from Nov 10 on 'ere @DaveMehmet

Crafterly sneaked my way to hither green an hour ago, jumped on a sidcup train, even got a seat and was laughing. Sat at hither green for half hour then the train got taken out of service. Still stuck here.

Can handle the cold, the snow and not being able to get home. Being stuck with Dave Mehmet in a pub who has no cash on him is proving hard to take.

Jeez, 7 years.
  • Sponsored links:

20 degrees in mine, and still plenty vino in fridge :blush:
    23 degrees in mine thanks to my underfloor heating providing a nice even warmth throughout the ground floor.

Has it stopped snowing enough for you to leave the pub yet?
  • Shag said:

Basically @AFKABartram is saying have you got that score you owe him

I wouldn't mind, but after buying him three pints he suggested we go for a curry!!
    That's not what he meant by "fancy sharing an Indian?"
  • Shag said:

I wouldn't mind, but after buying him three pints he suggested we go for a curry!!
    Which I did say I would put on my card. We must be due another disruption drink soon mate.

It’s not the same doing it with @ricky_otto when the dlr packs up.
  • Shag said:

Which I did say I would put on my card. We must be due another disruption drink soon mate.

It’s not the same doing it with @ricky_otto when the dlr packs up.
  • A few flakes in the air in the city.

@cantersaddick thinks the trains are shit? Wait till he sees the mayhem a bit of snow causes!

Wrong type of snow, frozen points and rolling stock in the wrong place, ah those were the days. Retirement comes highly recommended :wink:
  • edited November 2017
    Snowing in Newcastle
  • Stig said:

Snowing in Newcastle

It was snowing in Newcastle in August!! ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah, same here in Lux, must have chucked it down overnight, but buses and trains all working fine.
  • edited December 2017
    Having brought up 7 years ago, I was reminded today of my efforts to scrub MFC off the wall opposite my house that some wind up thought would be funny inflicting on me

• Having brought up 7 years ago, I was reminded today of my efforts to scrub MFC off the wall opposite my house that some wind up thought would be funny inflicting on me

Midget FC?
  • CHGCHG
    edited December 2017
    Heavy snow settled in Harpenden this morning. Hopefully another 12 hours of this and there might be a “working from home” snow day on the horizon.
  • Snowing in Bexleyheath
  • Settled here in Longfield, Kent
  • Snowing in Romford.
  • edited December 2017
    It's about time you Southern softies had some of it we've had a white out for the last 2 days :wink: