Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• edited March 2018
    Doesn’t look like it’s going to settle, waste of time. We can’t even get a game called off properly
  • Snowing on Clapham Common. Not really settling though.
  • What’s goIng to happen over the rest of the day in Saff East London @Hex ?
  • A lot of snow in South West London making the ground wet
  • Moist. Very moist
  • MrOneLung said:

Sleet in romford. No chance of anything settling here.

Settled on cars/garden furniture but roads are clear.
  • You just know your get the train over to the ground start snowing heavy game gets called off 2.45 and no trains then 3 hours to get home on bus as roads are gridlocked.
  • If people are thinking of going to see Welling today keep an eye on their twitter

10:30 pitch inspection down @ PVR
  • Robinson currently acting out an ancient snow dance ritual to get the game off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Setting off from Norfolk now in a minute. Won’t get called off, will it?
  • All Cafc games should be postponed till Malvidi and Dasilva are fit.
  • Stopped here in Greenhithe
  • All Cafc games should be postponed till Malvidi and Dasilva are fit.

And Billy Clarke :smile:

• Seems to have stopped here in our part of South West London...for the moment..the sky looks more dirty grey than white
  • Was snowing heavy and settled everywhere except roads and pavements in Longfield. Stopped now though.
  • What’s goIng to happen over the rest of the day in Saff East London @Hex ?

The amber warning hasn't been changed so it's likely we are in the firing line for snow showers later today and overnight. The temperature is dropping very slowly but I would assume this mornings snow will melt away because of evapouration, strength of sun and the ground is 'warm' due to recent much higher temperatures. If we get some later it is more likely to lay.

And .... don't take too much notice of phone apps !
  • Hex said:

What’s goIng to happen over the rest of the day in Saff East London @Hex ?

The amber warning hasn't been changed so it's likely we are in the firing line for snow showers later today and overnight. The temperature is dropping very slowly but I would assume this mornings snow will melt away because of evapouration, strength of sun and the ground is 'warm' due to recent much higher temperatures. If we get some later it is more likely to lay.

And .... don't take too much notice of phone apps !
    It’s st pats day, there’s a massive game at HQ with a huge prize to celebrate for the Irish but, whether they win or lose, basically there will be an extraordinary amount of Guiness and junk food consumed in the London area and consequently a lot of gas pumped into the atmosphere around town. Expect the temperature to be a little higher than predicted and any potential snow to fall as rain.
  • 1StevieG said:

Robinson currently acting out an ancient snow dance ritual to get the game off.

Unfortunately for him the ritual requires more than one person up front.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've just rung them and the game is still on; they gave the distinct impression that as the Amber Warning was for the end of the match, they didn't care that people might not be able to get home safely and I was being ridiculous for asking.
  • Setting off from Norfolk now in a minute. Won’t get called off, will it?

It has stopped snowing in Charlton, the roads and pavements are clear, the game should be on
  • TeslaGirl said:

I've just rung them and the game is still on; they gave the distinct impression that as the Amber Warning was for the end of the match, they didn't care that people might not be able to get home safely and I was being ridiculous for asking.

Yes, getting to the ground won't be the issue today as the worst snow is forecast for during and after the match...
  • TeslaGirl said:

I've just rung them and the game is still on; they gave the distinct impression that as the Amber Warning was for the end of the match, they didn't care that people might not be able to get home safely and I was being ridiculous for asking.

Cue phone calls home after the game...’I’m snowed in at the ground, I can’t get home at the moment, I’m going to find a warm bar and wait it out for a while...’
  • So, there's a giant cock due to fly over London this afternoon then !
  • Just drove from Dartford to Canterbury and back. The roads are absolutely fine.
  • Gillingham's match off!
  • The temperature is still slowly dropping. -0.6C now.