Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• MrOneLung said:

Wet in Collier Row

Euphemism alert
  • MrOneLung said:

Wet in Collier Row

Aren’t we all?

• Sunny in Sidcup
  • Raining in SE12.
  • cafcbrown said:

Settling here in Cliffe Woods

and here in Cliffe
  • Starry night here in deepest darkest Cornwall.

• Looks like it's come to nothing as it's stopped now.
  • We had 10 minutes in tropical Darrzzet, didn't settle though
  • Snow settling in gillingham
    Quite bad top of blue bell hill
    But nothing here in tonbridge
  • Was in Saskatoon today, small town on the Canadian prairies famous for Joni Mitchell & er, it's berries. Was around -35 to -40 with the wind chill, painfully, hard to breathe cold & I am used to it by now. The ice on the inside of the rental car windscreen took forever to chip away - fun times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Where’s all this bloody snow they were panicking about ?

The yellow warning has turned out to be a brown shite warning.
  • Had no snow in Edinburgh at all this year................... yet!

Awoke to "Christmas card" conditions here on the Cheshire-Derbyshire borders.
    About 10cm lying snow. Every twig & branch carrying its own fluffy blanket.

Looks very pretty, but glad I don't need to go out today!
  • Any flurries / signs of impending doom ?
  • edited January 2019
    Woodburner installed just this morning - timing couldn't be better. Bring on the snow!
    Nothing in Berkshire yet
  • According to the BBC, London & the SE are going to get it later tonight and into the morning. There is a video in the link below.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47071846
  • I’m working in Biggin Hill at the moment and they have their own micro climate. Frosty in Bexley this morning but when I got here there’s laying snow and it’s been here for a couple of days evidently
  • My wife’s expecting 6 inches. She’s going to be bloody disappointed if it doesn’t snow.
  • Can't you shag her twice then?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
  • iaitch said:

Can't you shag her twice then?

Not at my age
  • _MrDick said:

I’m working in Biggin Hill at the moment and they have their own micro climate. Frosty in Bexley this morning but when I got here there’s laying snow and it’s been here for a couple of days evidently

Dont live far from Biggin Hill and it is a weird thing. Theres been a good covering of snow for a couple of days but drive literally 5 minutes down the road and theres nothing.
  • Doesn't happen very often here .... Starting to snow in deepest darkest Cornwall.

And it's not even dark yet.
  • Oggy Red said:

Doesn't happen very often here .... Starting to snow in deepest darkest Cornwall.

Makes the BBC about right then as they said it was moving in from the West.
  • Oggy Red said:

Doesn't happen very often here .... Starting to snow in deepest darkest Cornwall.

My sister just had to abandon her little car outside Wadebridge and start walking apparently.
  • Oggy Red said:

Makes the BBC about right then as they said it was moving in from the West.
    It's been raining all afternoon. But then it does everyday. Well, sometimes.

No one really expected it to turn to snow - maybe on the moors and high ground, but not down here by the sea.

• Oggy Red said:

Just sent my lot home as they are all having kittens that they might need to drive through a light dusting of snow and overturn their cars.
  • edited January 2019
    Snowing and settling here in Wales.
  • Oggy Red said:

Just sent my lot home as they are all having kittens that they might need to drive through a light dusting of snow and overturn their cars.
    Everybody does get a bit excited down here in Cornwall at the first sign of a sprinkling of snow.
    And then panic .... because no one knows what to do.

Anyway, seems like it's raining again now .... normal service has been resumed.