Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Photos gone from disk.

Hi,

My girlfriend recently got the photos frommy camera's memory card put onto a CD in Boots. She then added some more photos to the disk at a later date.

At first the additional photos were on the disk, but now they are suddenly gone.

Would Boots protect disks to prevent extra files being added to the disks? And would someone with a bit of know-how be able to retrieve the pics from the disk?

Just a bit worried as the photos were of our daughter when she was newborn!

Any sugestions welcome!

Ta!

Comments

• Options
    The boots cd would probably not be rewritable so they didn't go on there in the first place, they may of looked like they were still there while they were on the original computer but did not actually get written
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    When you say they are now gone, you mean there are no icons representing each picture when you look at the files on the disk in windows explorer? If not, then i'd agree with Shrew
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I reckon that you are right. The icons were on there at the time but disappeared next time the disk was read. That's a bit of a bugger. I might take the memory card into the shop to see what's still left on the deleted photos.
  • Options
    You can download free programs to try and recover deleted/corrupted files from memory cards, however if you want to splash out theres one called active@filerecovery which really does the business.