Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

switching hotmail to outlook...

edited December 2012 in Not Sports Related
... has anyone done this?

just got an email from hotmail saying to make the switch to this new address (outlook.com) any pointers, ideas, advice, thoughts ect... from those in the know to a computer novice, cheers!

Comments

• Literally nothing in it, your email address stays the same etc. it's just a new look to fall in line with Windows 8
  • Just changed my account - more about look than function.

I dont much like Windows 8 (being an old git) but the hotmail changeover seems painless.
  • nice one, cheers lads.
  • My account has been switched.....hate the new look and it seems very sluggish.
  • I don't understand the need for a compulsory change to something that worked well.

"Progress" I suppose!
  • Don't like outlook at all.Not all change is good change.
  • To be honest I hated it when it first happened however I have grown used to it, it seems faster as well
  • Thought the hotmail web interface (on a mac at least wasn't that good, especially the search function). Outlook much improved.
  • All changed on my PC but no change on handheld - is that to be expected ?
  • all changed on mine, it seems tons slower
  • Sponsored links:

• I prefer the old Hotmail. I sometimes think that things are changed for no good reason other than to give someone some work.
  • Mine got changed. It's slower and has regularly frozen. Hopefully they'll sort it out soon.
  • Can't stand it. Plus the contacts list is very strange. Slow & not very work friendly. What is wrong with black & white? We fear change & all that but I liked it before.
  • To be fair my Hotmail account was playing up....I kept getting the "Hotmail is unable to respond at this time, please try again later" notice. Since a stuttering start with Outlook it looks to have settled down, albeit I dont like the layout much, especially on the "New" section, its not that clear where to type and having done a couple of cut and pastes of email address, it just showed "Mail to" rather than the address and I wasnt sure if they had been sent. (I had replies later so they obviously had gone).
  • edited April 2013
    I have noticed that there is no inbox function on Skype and now have to log in to see if I got emails... is there anyway round it that I missed or has it just gone and been left off...?

im mildly perturbed by it!
  • Get gmail