Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC maths homework problem

20,012 - 1,085 = 18,927
19,080 - 3,385 = 15,695

Spot the difference.

Comments

• Options
    No badge on the shirt, only one stripe on the left sock and the bloke behind doesn't have a bobble on his hat
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    A) Hudds overall attendance - Hudds fans = CAFC fans

B) Brighton overall attendance - Brighton fans - CAFC fans.

TBF Although there were obvious freebies in the east, there were definitely more CAFC fans for the Hudds game.
    Probably because of the increased prices today & less comps as well.
  • Options
    Lee Clark.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Very good. My serious point is that even leaving aside the manipulation of the Huddersfield gate that was a pretty poor home crowd today.

Looks like a home sale of about 3,000 standard tickets for one of the more attractive games of the season (there would be 600-1,000 comps plus about 500 paid junior groups). The revenue will be OK, especially because of the sell-out in the away end, but it suggests to me the club needs to very cautious on the higher match pricing.

Clearly more were expected because 20,000 was predicted in the programme and over the PA before kick-off.
  • Options
    What was the income line for each?
  • Options

TBF Although there were obvious freebies in the east, there were definitely more CAFC fans for the Hudds game.

Right on fewer comps. I never scheduled schools comps for today - the kids groups today were paid tickets via Valley Express.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Yes, thirty f*!#ing quid for a seat in the Easy Stand.
    SACK SOMEBODY.
  • Options
    Is the answer P45 ?
  • Options
    Probably has more to do with that it is 2 weeks before Christmas than the pricing. I imagine the cold weather wouldn't have helped the pay on the day sales.
  • Options
    Airman how many season ticket holders do we have please
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2012
    clb74 said:

Airman how many season ticket holders do we have please

We'd be about 11,250, although that doesn't include half seasons starting with Ipswich. Over and above that are about 600 comps for staff, academy, officials, guests, VIPs, sponsors, that are always in the gate. So about 12,000 is the effective starting point.
  • Options
    I didnt see it as bad !5,500 for a game just before xmas for a top priced game (£25 wher we sit). Why the negativity?
  • Options
    Cheers the prices for todays game was nothing to do with you?
  • Options

Very good. My serious point is that even leaving aside the manipulation of the Huddersfield gate that was a pretty poor home crowd today.

Looks like a home sale of about 3,000 standard tickets for one of the more attractive games of the season (there would be 600-1,000 comps plus about 500 paid junior groups). The revenue will be OK, especially because of the sell-out in the away end, but it suggests to me the club needs to very cautious on the higher match pricing.

Clearly more were expected because 20,000 was predicted in the programme and over the PA before kick-off.

Forgive me Airman, but weren't you taking credit (or hinting at, at least) on a previous thread for setting ticket prices high for today's game? Or am I missing something?
  • Options
    edited December 2012

What was the income line for each?

I reckon the net receipts today would be about £130k, of which nearly 80k is from the away end. Away crowds have more adults in them, plus all the tickets are in the top range, which produces a higher average price.

It's hard to say what Huddersfield might have been, but I understand the turnstile count was 15k. Even if we assume no bulk comps were used (clearly nonsense) and there were 2,000 STs who didn't show, that's 10,000 base plus 1,000 aways and 4,000 home sales, of which say 3,000 were standard prices. We know there was a late price offer. The average price would be lower anyway. I'd put the receipts at around half today.

It's about horses for courses though, because the home receipts will be much closer.

The big problem for the club is that if it can't increase match prices at all it constrains what it can do to the season tickets - if it doesn't want some people to do the calculation and decide they will pick and choose.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Yes, thirty f*!#ing quid for a seat in the Easy Stand.
    SACK SOMEBODY.
    Where's this 'Easy Stand'? I've got to get a ticket in there.

• Options
    i thought we might of got 22,000 today
    how many peterboro came the other tuesday
  • Options
    this is getting more than boring
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Forgive me Airman, but weren't you taking credit (or hinting at, at least) on a previous thread for setting ticket prices high for today's game? Or am I missing something?
    It was entirely down to me, but see the revenue calculation above. The club needs to experiment, as we have with price reductions. I'm in favour of maximising revenue for the club.

My point would be that there is flexibility about how many times the club uses these prices. I don't find much encouragement for them in these numbers.

The test, of course, is what the revenue would have been for this match at standard prices, not Huddersfield.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

why is it getting boring

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Airman what is your view of the Derby pricing experiment?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Probably has more to do with that it is 2 weeks before Christmas than the pricing. I imagine the cold weather wouldn't have helped the pay on the day sales.

I agree, that was my first thought too.

• Options
    clb74 said:

shine166 said:

why is it getting boring

I thought it was another dig, but I got the wrong end of the stick as Airman has just said he set the prices.l
  • Options

Airman what is your view of the Derby pricing experiment?

I don't think we sell enough home match tickets, especially in advance, for it to be useful at The Valley, but I haven't studied the outturn numbers at Derby. All our price structure is built on maximising season ticket sales.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

clb74 said:

shine166 said:

why is it getting boring

I thought it was another dig, but I got the wrong end of the stick as Airman has just said he set the prices.l
    Quite - I take the blame and the credit, but my job was to maximise the income, not the crowd, with the qualification that you have to increase paying support over time within that.
  • Options
    thanks Airman
  • Options
    I applied BIDMAS and the answer is KANU
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Jesus, the club are going to regret sacking a man with Rick's insight and knowledge. No one knows ticketing or promotion like that man.
  • Options
    Wouldn't surprise me if the club had a YTS person on the case as we speak. ;-)