Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christmas Decorations

So who's been putting theirs up today?

8ft tree fully dressed in the living room and most of the outside lights up - but none of them working. Typical.

Comments

• Options
    some people take decorations to the extreme, take a look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jWN5Myxtwg&feature=share
  • Options
    My wife's been sodding around with it all freaking day. I am just the box humper to and from from the loft. Still no dinner yet !!!
  • Options
    Either you're pissed SHG or your mantlepice has fallen over.
  • Options
    I wish I was. Lol
  • Options
    Looks like Christmas with the Kranks round our way.
  • Options
    Had to get mine out the loft earlier for the parents but I'm still being all bah humbug about it, it's still too early!
  • Options
    We both love Christmas but decorations will not go up until prob 22nd. Listening to 500+ Christmas songs whilst writing cards at the moment.
  • Options
    Put mine up last week. Got to get my monies worth!!
  • Options
    Love it kids love it best time of year

Bought a cracking tree yesterday huge fecka lights on tinsle added now house lit up and ready

Come on santa get your self ready
  • Options
    Fookin decorations everywhere. You can't open any windows, doors or anything without a bleeding decoration in the way.
    The remote wouldn't even work due to the mini nativity scene placed in front of the TV.
    Bah humbug !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doing mine next saturday. Still a bit early for us but we've got a christmas party at ours that night and the missus wants it all christmassy
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Doing mine next saturday. Still a bit early for us but we've got a christmas party at ours that night and the missus wants it all christmassy

Presumably you'll be inviting Huskaris, CAFCsayer and Kerkar so you can all swap Christmas cards and wish the latter all the best for 2013 :-)
  • Options
    Far too select a gathering for that lot :-)
  • Options
    Yep done today. First snowball of the year; most girlie drink going, but I still love it.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Can't be ar*ed:
    On my own anyway.

(Get up at 7,8,9am-ish,
    spend acouple of hours round parents,
    Golden Lion 12- closing (about 3,4-ish)
    Home, Dr Who & telly.
    Sorted).
  • Options
    Haven't even thought about getting mine out of the loft, not motivated for it at all. Load of old nonsense!
  • Options
    Oh dear what a lot of humbug! I have two little granddaughters and the look on their faces when the tree goes up and the lights are switched on is worth any number of trips to the loft. By the way great joke Addickted
  • Options
    done mine last Sunday, love everything about Christmas, going round my cousins xmas day, with got my mum and dad , aunt & uncle, my sis, and my 3 cousins, then all of our kids. 25 of us gonna be blinding.
  • Options
    I'll be placing my shitty fake tree in the corner sometime this week if I can be bothered........................
  • Options

some people take decorations to the extreme, take a look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jWN5Myxtwg&feature=share

We seem to have a lot of people trying to do something like this but with lights supplied by Trotters Independent Traders.

The wife loves all that shit but I think it's tacky and horrible. BAH HUMBUG!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tesco: 3 ft black xmas tree £2.44 + box of 24 baubles £1.96 - Christmas decs sorted for £4.40......................Meldrew=Scrooge - Humbug!
  • Options
    My son's 8th birthday on Friday - Christmas can't start til after then...
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited December 2012
    Did our tree yesterday when we got back from the Young addicks xmas party, kids loved it. Also love christmas, seeing the kids faces on xmas eve is great and love having all my family over xmas day including my 93 year old nan. Only bad thing is we have a party boxing day and can't get to the game.
  • Options
    Love Christmas, tree and decs went up last week. Will be a slightly subdued affair this year after losing my Dad in March but only as subdued as it can be with a 4 year old bouncing off the walls! Can't wait to see her face when she sees her new bike on Christmas morning.
  • Options
    DaveMehmet - wow, Santa's tipped you off about little-un's pressie eh??!!
  • Options
    Yes, no choice, we had to clear it with elf and safety first.
  • Options
    Saturday before Christmas, any earlier and the magic wears off...
  • Options
    My neighbour has gone mad this year. Lights everywhere, a real OTT show.

So he's forced me to put lights up as well.

• Options
    Love it!
  • Options
    @DaveMehmet - hope your little one doesn't read this thread mate, it'll spoil the surprise :(