Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kidnapped schoolgirls' parents.

edited December 2012 in Not Sports Related
The parents of the runaway schoolgirl have just been released after 4 days in hospital. Apparently they made a double suicide attempt by overdose.
Although, it was the mother that apparently raised the alarm. Presumably, a cry for help/change of heart.

It just goes to show, you can't often tell the torment people are dealing with.

Comments

• Options
    Sad that!
  • Options
    The whole thing is pretty screwed up.

Wondering if there is more than meets the eye to the story
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

The whole thing is pretty screwed up.

Wondering if there is more than meets the eye to the story

Not wishing to speculate, but it must be difficult trying to control a teenager who ran away to France to be with her teacher. Imo.

• Options
    Don't really want to elaborate but I have a good idea of what they've been through. I know the kind of thoughts and feelings they must have been having so my best wishes go to them. Peace of mind (of sorts) will come if they stay united.
  • Options
    Where was this reported?
  • Options
    Interesting that it isn't being widely reported considering how major it was at the time, and even more interesting that they don't actually name anybody in the article. Also the existing story on the Mail Online appears to have been removed

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4688526/Suicide-bid-by-parents-of-girl-who-ran-off-with-teacher.html
  • Options

The parents of Megan Stammers have just been released after 4 days in hospital. Apparently they made a double suicide attempt by overdose.
    Although, it was the mother that apparently raised the alarm. Presumably, a cry for help/change of heart.

Where did you hear this?
  • Options

The parents of Megan Stammers have just been released after 4 days in hospital. Apparently they made a double suicide attempt by overdose.

Where did you hear this?
    I read it on the BBC website on Friday.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

The parents of the runaway schoolgirl have just been released after 4 days in hospital. Apparently they made a double suicide attempt by overdose.

Where did you hear this?
    Todays Daily Express.
  • Options

Where did you hear this?
    I read it on the BBC website on Friday.
    Link
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is she allowed to be named now?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
  • Options
    It appears to be removed from a lot of news outlet's websites which is very odd. The Sun link above is the only functioning one Google is coming up with at the moment.
  • Options
    Indentification of the schoolgirl involved in this case has been banned by a court order under Section 39 of the Children and Young Persons Act 1933. Although some might argue this is very much attempting to shut the door long after the horse has bolted.
  • Options
    RDG said:

Indentification of the schoolgirl involved in this case has been banned by a court order under Section 39 of the Children and Young Persons Act 1933. Although some might argue this is very much attempting to shut the door long after the horse has bolted.

Does the thread title need to be edited then?

Agree about it being way to late; but still. I never knew her name, and when I opened this thread I only did it to find out who she was!
  • Options
    From the Sun article "Neighbours said they did not believe the apparent suicide bids were anything to do with the girl’s disappearance. They think the incident is probably linked to a separate family drama."

How much drama than what they have already experienced can they get!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    That sounds about right...you dont beg for your daughter to come home then when she does you try and top yourself, it just doesnt make sense. Plus, if there is, as suggested, another family drama, might that be in some way connected to the girl seeking solace elsewhere.