Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Disabled Supporters and Netting in the South West corner

Having missed a couple of games, I noticed disabled supporters (Brighton?) in front of the JS, by the police box, and netting in front of them. Was this netting to protect them? I don't recall seeing wheelchairs down there before.

Comments

• Options
    There was apparently an issue with overselling in the away end on Saturday which necessitated the move. Not sure whether it was our fault or Brighton's but duplicates were allegedly being sold.
  • Options
    Interesting, was this overselling of disabled spaces in the away end, or do the disabled fans occupy a space where there are seats, which were needed (due to overselling)?
  • Options
    seemed a sensible idea whatever
  • Options
    redman said:

seemed a sensible idea whatever

I agree that it is sensible. I always get worried when I see the disabled fans that are along the west stand, what is stopping a ball being absolutely hammered straight at their faces? I don't like it, I really don't.
  • Options
    I don't know how they can see anything along there what with the advertising boards?

I suppose at least we like to play the hoof game so they see some of the ball every now and then.
  • Options
    The netting is there for the warmups, they took it down from in front of us before the match (NL F Block)
  • Options
    Not in the South West corner they didn't.
  • Options
    The seats in front of the away disabled area aren't usually sold because people using them tend to block the disabled fans' view. It may be that they were sold on this occasion, either in error or from ignorance of the situation.
  • Options
    are the nets part of an experiment to see if having nets in front of fans is a viable option to stop pitch invasions and coin throwing incidents etc.? I saw the players union and the FA talking about the possiblity of nets being used as a deterrent , and obviously they are easier to design to collapse etc. if there was a need for a quick evacuation, unlike fencing
  • Options
    I usually use the bogs for a quick evacuation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More likely for the goals that are used in the warm up so that wayward shots don't hurt people
  • Options
    they thought as it was a 20 year celebration all the old players were coming back who had ever played for Charlton, with the prospect of a old boys penalty shootout competition at half time and rumours of Francis and Rommendahl being in attendance it was done as a safety measure.