Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coin expert needed

2»

Comments

• Options
    If it's a (Approx) 5" diameter bronze plaque depicting Brittania in a seated position on the front (just like the old pre-decimal penny) It is the plaque awarded to a family who lost a close relative in WW1.
    I know because my parents had one on behalf on my fathers father (my grandfather) who was killes at Ypres 1916 aged 26.
  • Options
    Daggs, i think you will find Brittania is standing and has a lion at her feet.
  • Options
    It's been a long time since i last saw it, but now you say it. I remember the lion.

Subsequently i decided to 'Google' it and the images make you right. Brittania is standing with a lion at her feet.
    I'm fairly sure this is what NLA is referring to.
  • Options
    Daggs said:

It's been a long time since i last saw it, but now you say it. I remember the lion.

Subsequently i decided to 'Google' it and the images make you right. Brittania is standing with a lion at her feet.
    I'm fairly sure this is what NLA is referring to.

I thought he said his relative survived.

Might be wrong though.
  • Options
    His relative could just have bought it they are often up for sale at auctions or on ebay, he only has to check to see what the name is on it as i think they were all inscribed.