Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

players names on kits?

I always used to get a player name on my kit, but been hurt too many times when they leave and feel like a mug! Anyone had any players names recently on their kit?

Comments

• Options
    Never had a CAFC player on a CAFC shirt, but got Leaburn and Mendonca on my England kits! Old legends are timeless!
  • Options
    No, I'm older than 12.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I have Kap & 14 on my shirts, although have not bothered with anything last few years. Players come and go, kiss the badge one week, put in for a transfer the next .. I'll be here till I'm too ill to be carried in.

Plus it makes my shirt unique as no one else is going to have it on their shirt.
  • Options
    SE10 said:

No, I'm older than 12.

Lol!
  • Options
    Why 14 ?
  • Options
    talking of kits, I am vaguely recalling someone who had a half Charlton, half Spurs kit - kind of sewn together...or is this just a terrible hallucination...
  • Options

Why 14 ?

Glad you asked, I thought maybe everyone already knew.

• Options
    I've had Joseph with the number 7 on for the last few years now.

Used to have goalkeeper names on the goalkeeper shirts (I was a Gk then so I used to get the Gk shirt) when we were in the PREM so I had Kiely for quite a few years.
  • Options
    There is a bloke who's got Sankofa written on his. Got to be a one-off!
  • Options
    'Powell - 3'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    STD
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Was looking at some of my old shirts I had as a kid yesterday. Completely forgot I had Robinson 11 on the back and had it signed by a lot of the players from those years. Shame it looks quite worn now and is only good for the drawer...
  • Options

STD

Why - is that the number of times you've had a sexually transmitted disease?

• Options
    Oakster said:

talking of kits, I am vaguely recalling someone who had a half Charlton, half Spurs kit - kind of sewn together...or is this just a terrible hallucination...

No i remember that. The name was ferdi-donca
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Lol osei Sankofa! Random!
  • Options
    I was going to get Gibbs on the back of my shirt once.... it would have been a collectors item.
  • Options
    SE10 said:

No, I'm older than 12.

This! Seriously, you shouldn't be wearing a replica shirt to football if you are an adult.
  • Options

Was looking at some of my old shirts I had as a kid yesterday. Completely forgot I had Robinson 11 on the back and had it signed by a lot of the players from those years. Shame it looks quite worn now and is only good for the drawer...

Or an auction (hint)
  • Options
    If I get anything I get my own surname and 19 on the back
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

STD

Why - is that the number of times you've had a sexually transmitted disease?

no, but 11684 wouldnt fit on the back of my shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SE7lad said:

I always used to get a player name on my kit, but been hurt too many times when they leave and feel like a mug! Anyone had any players names recently on their kit?

Assuming that your profile pic is you, you bear an uncanny resemblence to the guy who threw the seat at the toolbox.

Guilty until proven innocent. I'm off to collect my reward..................................
  • Options

SE10 said:

No, I'm older than 12.

This! Seriously, you shouldn't be wearing a replica shirt to football if you are an adult.
    nothing wrong with wearing a replica shirt to a game. Shows your allegiance and can help build a "wall of red" from our end. But getting a name on the back is a bit odd.
  • Options

SE7lad said:

Assuming that your profile pic is you, you bear an uncanny resemblence to the guy who threw the seat at the toolbox.

Guilty until proven innocent. I'm off to collect my reward..................................
    Yes the picture is me, no I didn't throw a seat at millwall because I wasn't there.
  • Options

SE10 said:

No, I'm older than 12.

nothing wrong with wearing a replica shirt to a game. Shows your allegiance and can help build a "wall of red" from our end. But getting a name on the back is a bit odd.
    Thankyou!

• Options
    Haven't had a player's name on my shirt since the Prem years as players leave too regularly. These days you're unlikely to get a shirt that holds significance for a large amount of time. Looking back at the shirts I had when I was younger I'm still proud of the 'Di Canio 11' I got when I was 13
  • Options

Or an auction (hint)
    I don't think it's in good enough condition honestly. I would be embarrassed to donate it!

Tempted to take a picture of it though just to try and find out who some of these signatures are as I haven't got a clue for the majority.
  • Options
    Did once, never again. I had Parker 7 printed. He disappeared that year. :-(

Since then only had my own name with 30, for my 30th, and Champions 12 on this kit.
  • Options
    I have my name and squad number from the team I play in. I don't wear it to all the games, just when I feel like it.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

i remember seeing a campbell-ryce shirt at a qpr pre season friendly where euell scored.

in fact, i swear i saw another one at a bus stop unless it was the same guy.
  • Options
    Urban and Oakster.....I also remember seeing FerdiDonca in his half Spurs/half Charlton shirt...in the Charlton end at White Hart Lane (the night of the 2-2 on Sky).

I'm thinking of getting a half Millwall/half Charlton shirt made with RhinoKiller on the back...