Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diego Poyet

Has anyone seen him play?

As we all know he is the son of Gus Poyet and in our academy so just interested to know how much of hot prospect he is going to be.

I get the feeling he will make the 1st team in a year or so via cup game and after that won't be at Charlton for long if he is any good.

He might even be rubbish I have no idea, what do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Not that good I am afraid - too light weight
  • Options
    I've been told that he's the next Bover.....................
  • Options
    He's better than Gus
  • Options
    Has (did) he have a serious injury?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Has (did) he have a serious injury?

Didn't he have complications from an appendix operation or was that someone else?
    Anyway, he did okay at Old Trafford in the yoof cup. Just okay, not a stand out player.
  • Options
    why do you have a feeling he will be in the first team in a year if you have no idea if he is any good? I have only seen him play 3 times and he looks to have a nice touch but I think he will ended up dropping down a couple of leagues.
  • Options
    He is ok,nothing special.If his name was Smith,instead of Poyet with a famous Dad.I think people would be less excited about him.I think Oliver Muldoon and Harry Gerard are better prospects in midfield.
  • Options
    This thread goes to show.

Never judge a player by there lightweight appearance when they are young.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I like these threads , not because some people can say I told you so ,but because they demonstrate how people's views change and how a player evolves.

It was always said by Bill Shankly that he preferred a lad to be less physically well developed as a youngster because it meant that they had to work on other areas of their game and that they would fill out later.

This seems to be the case with Diego.I saw him a couple of times at Youth / U21 level and felt he was ok ,but not a stand out player.On Saturday I was very impressed and he looked like he had been in our midfield engine room for years.

He is one of the reasons why despite the result I think we can beat the drop if the new side fits together quickly.
  • Options
    From what I've seen of him and what I've seen of cousins he's way better.

I'll probably get shouted down for saying it but I can't see what all the fuss is about Cousins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:

From what I've seen of him and what I've seen of cousins he's way better.

I'll probably get shouted down for saying it but I can't see what all the fuss is about Cousins.

He's had 3 or 4 outstanding games. The rest have been 6/10s. But he does the ugly side of the game well. Just look at well Stephens played this season. This was all down to having cousins next to him. He felt confident to express himself with him behind him.
    Will be CAFC captain not too long away IMO.