Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parking on Boxing Day

No trains, so looks like I am going to have to drive up from the coast . . .

Where is the best place to park?

Comments

• Options
    In Charlton.
  • Options
    m2 said:

No trains, so looks like I am going to have to drive up from the coast . . .

Where is the best place to park?

could always try Valley Express for £7. Reliable, drops you near the ground, no worries about parking. Plus the chance for a few beers as you don't have to drive. Whereabouts on the coast are you?
  • Options
    car park bottom of Victoria Road for £5
  • Options
    Thanks all,
    Last time I drove up I parked near Victoria Way. My car was broken into and everything inside stolen . . . As I was going to Stansted airport with my family on holiday and had arranged to see the Liverpool game on the way . . . they had it away with all our luggage and personal stuff. Took us about 2 years to sort it out!

Valley Express would be great by I don't think Wendy would arrange a coach to go up via Ringwood in Hampshire. Or would she . . .

Redman; I take it you mean Victoria Way?

Any other ideas?
  • Options
    The road by Wickes opposite the BP Garage should be ok for Boxing Day, thats where I'll park.
  • Options
    Wickes is no longer opposite the BP garage
  • Options
    Southendaddick... The parking restrictions are still in force even on Bank Holidays. Got a ticket on that very road on New Year's Day a couple of years ago. Very easy pickings for the Traffic Wardens.
    If Makro is open park in there.
  • Options
    I always park the other side of Shooters Hill Road. A few people do as well and no issues about break in's. Longer walk but still only takes 20 minutes or so.

Can park a bit closer round Indus Road and others but theres a lot more traffic on the way out as everybody queues to get onto Shooters Hill Road.

If you are early enough you can get a place in the small car park at the front of Charlton House. Quite a few park there so you need to be there an hour before the game or be very lucky.

• Options
    Not driven to a Boxing Day match for a few years now but last time I parked in one of the side roads off Chalrton Church Lane. Five minute walk to the Valley. Job done.
  • Options
    are there buses boxing day,anyone know?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didnt realise no trains on boxing day, was gonna be my first of the season too
  • Options

Southendaddick... The parking restrictions are still in force even on Bank Holidays. Got a ticket on that very road on New Year's Day a couple of years ago. Very easy pickings for the Traffic Wardens.

Does anybody know if Makro has restrictions? Like an hour max parking etc...
  • Options
    I always park in kinveachy gardens. 5 , 10 min walk to ground but no hassle.
  • Options

Does anybody know if Makro has restrictions? Like an hour max parking etc...
    If there is a game on, they check to see if you have a Makro card as you go into the car park .