Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hamer Linked with Fulham and Forest

According to Richard Cawley

@RichCawleySLP: #cafc keeper Ben Hamer being linked with #ffc. Forest also said to be monitoring him.”

I have asked him where he has been linked, would be a huge loss IMO

Comments

• Options
    think he'd be way down on the list of people likely to leave personally, unless we got a ridiculous offer
  • Options
    Will get a lot of these 'links' in the run up to Jan.
  • Options
    Fulham have a couple of decent keepers already don't they? Stockdale is a very decent back-up.
  • Options
    Let's hope we koc block any deal
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    In today's Daily Mirror re Hamer to Fulham
  • Options
    Hamer interest was mentioned in The Mirror, they said he would be a replacement for Scwarzer.

Surely only a back up to Stockdale who I rate as an excellent keeper.
  • Options
    No one is irreplaceable and Button is supposed to be pretty decent so if we got decent money.
  • Options
    Can't see it happening to be honest.
  • Options
    Hamer is a huge personality around the club, so if he went it could effect the group morale. Not sure his personality would fit in at Fulham with their type of fans!
  • Options
    Wasn't he mentioning about a new deal a couple of weeks ago?

Maybe his agent trying to push it along.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

Wasn't he mentioning about a new deal a couple of weeks ago?

Maybe his agent trying to push it along.

Definitely this. Agent stirring the pot to get better deal for Hamer.

• Options
    Hope there is nothing in this story.
    Hamer is an excellent keeper and an integral part of the team that CP has built.

Really has come to something when nothing clubs like Fulham start calling the shots.
  • Options
    Non story , too good for both of those clubs.
  • Options
    Fulham yes. Forest no chance. Why would he ?
  • Options
    He's a good young, tall, confident English goalkeeper. There is bound to be interest and speculation as to his future
  • Options
    ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Hamer is an excellent keeper and an integral part of the team that CP has built.

Really has come to something when nothing clubs like Fulham start calling the shots.

Irrelevant, money talks at the end of the day. Hopefully pure speculation but we all know that if we fail to reach the Promised Land within a couple of seasons, not only the likes of Hamer but Solly, Wiggins, Stephens and possibly Morrison will also be poached; unless of course some big money investors put a 'Not for sale sign' on all their heads :-o
  • Options

Irrelevant, money talks at the end of the day. Hopefully pure speculation but we all know that if we fail to reach the Promised Land within a couple of seasons, not only the likes of Hamer but Solly, Wiggins, Stephens and possibly Morrison will also be poached; unless of course some big money investors put a 'Not for sale sign' on all their heads :-o
    I totally agree with your point, but they are still a nothing club in my book.

• Options
    Kap10 said:

No one is irreplaceable and Button is supposed to be pretty decent so if we got decent money.

Button was clearly signed to be an alternative No 1 keeper, whereas Sullivan is more obviously a reserve keeper
  • Options
    If Fulham are genuinely interested and Charlton are prepared to sell then good luck to him. It's a upward career move at this point. Why wouldn't he. Different thing if it were Forest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No chance, he loves it here (proper love, not Semedo love) and he would be bench warmer for Stockdale anyway. He is integral to our team spirit too, the fact he goes around hugging every single player before the match shows this, not to mention he is an outstanding young keeper, his positioning, reflexes, diving and distribution are great, and his cross collection and command of his area has noticeably improved since his time with us as well
  • Options
    As this is only rumours i am not too concerned. But I like Hamer and really hope he stays and develops further with us. He has faults but i still think he is a more than capable keeper and does generally learn from his mistakes.

But if we to get a decent offer and he wanted to try his luck in the Prem i wouldn't begrudge him a move to a bigger club, same as i said for Elliott. Pity we don't really know what Button is like though.
  • Options
    I doubt we would sell him even if he wanted to go(which i also doubt) as im not sure they would offer us loads of money and im assuming reading will have put in a 15/20% sell on clause since they gave him to us for free?
  • Options
    Can only be a good sign if our players are being linked with clubs above us.
  • Options
    Bloody love Benny boy. Such a character and a very good young keeper. Hope he stays with us for as long as possible.
  • Options

I doubt we would sell him even if he wanted to go(which i also doubt) as im not sure they would offer us loads of money and im assuming reading will have put in a 15/20% sell on clause since they gave him to us for free?

Thought we got him for between 200-350k?
  • Options
    Certainly agent talk up by the sound of it.

If it were true, then id be suprised if he went. Id imagine he would look at Rob Elliotts situation and realise that taking the step-up is not always a good thing.
  • Options
    Forest? Bore off!
  • Options

Certainly agent talk up by the sound of it.

If it were true, then id be suprised if he went. Id imagine he would look at Rob Elliotts situation and realise that taking the step-up is not always a good thing.

Maybe but the money that Elliott is on is (at a guess) triple the amount of what he was getting paid at Charlton and he has also played European football. To go and do that, even if just for a couple of years, could be a big lure.
  • Options
    I suspect this is either Cawley being mischievous or agent talk.