Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Official Ryder Cup Thread

greatest competition that brings individuals as a team, or does golf just bore you ?

Keep all your ryder cup posts here please.

Personally i think its time for the yanks sadly.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2006
    everytime it is the yanks turn,just like this is the year charlton go down but every time we beat all the odds,this will be no different (i hope).

i love this event,pretty much the best 24 golfers together and the standard is always far superior to the usual tournaments and with greater pressure on the yanks as they are always expected to win.though i would have taken bjorn over westwood but with the faith in him,he will come good.
  • Options
    great start !

FRIDAY FOURBALLS

Match 1 - P Harrington/C Montgomerie ALL SQUARE after 6 holes T Woods/J Furyk
    -
    Match 2 1 UP P Casey/R Karlsson - after 5 holes S Cink/JJ Henry
    -
    Match 3 1 UP S Garcia/ JM Olazabal -after 4 holes D Toms/B Wetterich
    -
    Match 4 1 UP D Clarke/L Westwood -after 3 holes P Mickelson/C DiMarco
  • Options
    You watching from home Afka?? Or are you getting updates from t'internet??
  • Options
    Playing Golf I would imagine is quite enthralling so I am told as I have never personally swung a club. Watching it is worse than watching paint dry in my opinion of course. Might appreciate it a bit more if I played it but do not have time, playing footie is my thing & has been for last 18 seasons.
  • Options
    As general rule, I don't have much time for golf but there is just something about the Ryder Cup...
  • Options
    Golf leaves me cold but keep thinking I should take it up for business reasons.

What I find funny is that it is the only time that we all become proud Europeans and wave and blue and yellow stars. Long live the People's Republic of Europa
  • Options
    got it on in the office.

Woods / Furyk just gone 1 up.

Europe up in 2
    US up in 1
    All square the other
  • Options
    i wouldn't know how many stars there were without looking it up,isn't that terrible?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]What I find funny is that it is the only time that we all become proud Europeans and wave and blue and yellow stars. Long live the People's Republic of Europa

I've definately become more European in my thinking over the last couple of years. Not sure if that's just me or a broader trend, but i can understand the need for economic and trade partners, and have realised i don't actually hate the french or the germans. I don't think the mass influx of Eastern European imigrants is going to help the situation, but i blame our government for that.

So. i am happy to embrace Europe, but i never want to see the pound disappear, or our laws governed anymore than they already are by Brussels.
  • Options
    I think that most people would agree with your last comment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dull as dishwater
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Absolutely love it. Dont think we're gonna win it this year though. The yanks have got a slightly stronger team!
    Monty wont be the force he used to be so we're gonna be relying on Sergio & Donald to pull us through.
  • Options
    Come on you golf nuts out there. Help me! First see link.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/5345418.stm

Now, why is there 2 sections. One says Friday fourballs, other says Fri foursomes. WTF are they trying to do, apart from confuse the hell outta me!
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/5334652.stm

it's all explained there.
  • Options
    Can someone explain the diiference between "Won 1 Up" and "Won 3 & 2"?
  • Options
    1 up is when it goes down to the last hole.

3 & 2 means they were winning by three holes with only two wholes to go, so can't even tie, so the match is won.
  • Options
    Won 1 Up means they won one extra hole.

3&2 Means they were 3 up, had two holes left so couldnt lose.
  • Options
    Great start to the first hole by Woods & Furyk, hehehehe
  • Options
    Thanks golf fans!
  • Options
    The Americans are traditionally weak at the foursomes (basically its not a format that's played in the US) so "hopefully" we could go into tomorrow with a decent lead!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Na Oinky is a relatively new user, but I know hes someone else under a diff username

Yeh used to know him pretty well (haven't seen him for ages). Also know his brother and his old man.

How do you know him?
  • Options
    Are you on the right thread Daniel?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Are you on the right thread Daniel?

Yeh. PeakeysRocket "whispered" something to me, but I forgot to "whisper" back
  • Options
    he plays for cray wanderers,played the other night i think.loves his golf he played k club a couple of times when we were there last summer.will pass on the hello.
  • Options
    Yeh is a good golfer as well. We played together a few times, played more with his brother (Phil) though as Matt was just starting out in the Juniors when I moved on to the Adult section.
  • Options
    are you talking Shooters Hill Daniel ?
  • Options
    or does golf just bore you

Like watching paint dry, only not as much fun.
  • Options
    your missing out BFR.

You swing the stick, you whack a ball 250 yards. Next hole you swing the stick exactly the same, you hit it 40 yards on the floor to the right.

Impossible to master. Great game.
  • Options
    I've played golf a few times but it has never really grabbed me, just can't see what the fuss is about, still a good way to get some exercise.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]are you talking Shooters Hill Daniel ?

Sorry Bart only just seen your post.

No Royal Blackheath mate. When were you a member at SHGC?