Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nirvana 'reunion' - and Kurt's replacement is...

... Paul McCartney. You couldn't make it up!

http://www.nme.com/news/nirvana/67675

Comments

• Options
    Will be amazed if they actually play any Nirvana tracks! Would be great though.
  • Options
    And I believe Coolio is being lined up to replace Bob Marley in a Wailers reunion...
  • Options
    would be great? McCartneys voice has gone.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Doesn't matter - Kurt Cobain was by no means a natural singer.
  • Options
    Please tell me this is a wind-up!
  • Options
    I didn't see this coming!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Curb_It said:

Doesn't matter - Kurt Cobain was by no means a natural singer.
    Did you see the Olympics Closing Ceremony? Nothing to do with being a natural singer, was embarrased for Macca, properly passed it.
  • Options
    Yeh and the Jubilee Concert also.

Shocker. Hope it goes okay for him, I do but, not hopeful.
  • Options
    It's not really a Nirvana reunion though is it...just some blokes getting together to do a few songs and a couple of 'em used to be in Nirvana.
    Dave Grohl and McCartney are mates anyway and have played together in public back in 2009.
  • Options
    Can just imagine McCartney singing Rape Me or Heart Shaped Box from the In Utero album!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's not really a Nirvana reunion though is it...just some blokes getting together to do a few songs and a couple of 'em used to be in Nirvana.
    Dave Grohl and McCartney are mates anyway and have played together in public back in 2009.

Its as close to a Nirvana reunion as you'll get without Kurt - Grohl and Novoselic plus Pat Smear who is on the Unplugged MTV show
  • Options
    Grohl, Novoselic and Smear played on a song on the last Foo Fighters album. It's not like they are reforming under the name Nirvana with Macca. A non story.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Grohl, Novoselic and Smear played on a song on the last Foo Fighters album. It's not like they are reforming under the name Nirvana with Macca. A non story.

Very true - they haven't done an INXS with Terence Trent D'Arby playing Michael Hutchence!

Think it's making headlines as it'll be on stage rather than in the studio
  • Options

johnny73 said:

Very true - they haven't done an INXS with Terence Trent D'Arby playing Michael Hutchence!

Think it's making headlines as it'll be on stage rather than in the studio
    Yeah. Although it's being reported in some places as a reunion, it isn't really, hence 'reunion' in the title. Grohl and Smear have been playing together for years, and as johnny73 says Novoselic recorded with them on the last Foos album. However, the thought of Macca doing Nirvana songs is hilarious, even though it won't happen.

• Options
    Anyone else pretty surprised that he didn't really know who Nirvana was or that Dave Grohl and the lads he was with were part of that band?

• Options
    Grohl has a much better voice than mccartney these days.
  • Options
    WTF! Total nonsense
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Listen to the early Beatles stuff .. like Long Tall Sally .. Maca has got a great rock n roll voice .. also, songs like Maybe I'm Amazed ... mind you, that was along time agobe
  • Options
    I think DRF's statement is qualified by "these days", which I think anyone would actually find it difficult to argue with tbf.
  • Options
    Always thought Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters as a hugely overrated band. I know it is all subjected but I've just never understood the fuss around them. Same as Kings of Leon, Killers etc.

Plus that incident where he acted to big and brave to shout down that fan fighting as "his" show was embarrassing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You've just listed 3 of my favourite bands. Seeing Killers & Kings of Leon next summer.
  • Options
    The Foo Fighters are brilliant and I don't listen to the hype I listen to the music. As for calling out a fan for starting a fight with another fan and ruining enjoyment for others - I wish more rock musicians would do that.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

The Foo Fighters are brilliant and I don't listen to the hype I listen to the music. As for calling out a fan for starting a fight with another fan and ruining enjoyment for others - I wish more rock musicians would do that.

Agreed, if it hadn't have sounded so false and egotistical when doing it.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

You've just listed 3 of my bands

you forgot erasure
  • Options
    cafctom said:

johnny73 said:

Agreed, if it hadn't have sounded so false and egotistical when doing it.
    I don't know about false but obviously he has an ego. I've been to quite a lot of foo gigs and he is not an understated person in any sense. I can see how it would come across as fake perhaps he really lost it or maybe planned it in advance because he wanted to get the message across to a wider audience. It does happen quite often (and he had never said a word before). One thing I've noticed is all his off the cuff blurb between songs at gigs is rehearsed and if you see him more than once during a tour the speeches are identical. But then I don't go for his 'You are the best effing fans in the world' statements.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    What. A. Joke. It's a bit like getting Cliff Richard to fill in for Freddie Mercury. Oi Macca. NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can still remember the day I heard someone on the radio claim that Nickleback were the new Nirvana. That was the day I stopped listening to music radio stations.
  • Options
    I started reading that article until it got to the bit: "According to a report in The Sun............."
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

What. A. Joke. It's a bit like getting Cliff Richard to fill in for Freddie Mercury.

Just to see how outraged it is possible for me to be, I want this to happen