Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Salim Kerkar Q&A

As some of you may know, I have ambitions to eventually become a Sports Journalist when my Sixth Form/Uni studies are finished.

Anyway, as practice and to also get my name out into the industry, I created my own blog called 'StubBlog'. One of the features that I do are Q&A's with Football personalities.

I recently went to Upton Park after I was invited to interview chairman David Gold and that discussion will be published soon.

However, I was luckily enough to be given permission via Twitter to ask Salim Kerkar a few questions and I have done. Its nothing special, it just gives me experience in writing and organising questions to ask. I also know he isn't the most popular player but he came across brilliantly. Don't expect to find long answers as it was on Twitter and as some may know, you don't get that many characters to use!

The article is here: http://stubblogarticles.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/salim-kerkar-twitter-q.html

Comments

• Options
    Well done Greg. Keep it up.
  • Options
    Very good interview--well done.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Good piece.

Well done.

I imagine the twitter format is a good training exercise for making the best use of limited column inches.
  • Options
    Thanks Guys, much appreciated.

And yeah it is Len, one of the reasons I use it!
  • Options
    Best of luck mate.

It's a very difficult industry to break into. Doing things in your own time will only help you when it comes to assembling a portfolio at uni. The wider the range of work, the better.

If you have a spare week or two over the summer, it's always worth pinging around a few e-mails to places to see if they'll give you work experience - because many are accommodating. I have friends who have spent time at Hayters, The Independent, and The Times, but even your local rag would set you apart from the majority.

All the best buddy.
  • Options
    Good stuff - i especially liked your creative use of the word successful !
  • Options
    I hear the News Shopper might have a vacancy coming up for Millwall Blogger.

Good stuff
  • Options

Best of luck mate.

It's a very difficult industry to break into. Doing things in your own time will only help you when it comes to assembling a portfolio at uni. The wider the range of work, the better.

If you have a spare week or two over the summer, it's always worth pinging around a few e-mails to places to see if they'll give you work experience - because many are accommodating. I have friends who have spent time at Hayters, The Independent, and The Times, but even your local rag would set you apart from the majority.

All the best buddy.

Thanks for the advice mate, will take a look into that.

And Se9addick, I had to fit that in as I knew he was going to read it!-haha.
  • Options
    No worries pal, best of luck with it all
  • Options
    good Q&A, but in your intro you give Salim 3 assists when it should be 6.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

good Q&A, but in your intro you give Salim 3 assists when it should be 6.

I trust you LL because of your excellent Statbanks...I got that stat from here, so they probably made a mistake:
    http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAssists/0,,10794~20127,00.html
  • Options
    Nice one. I think it's definitely worth asking your local papers (no idea where you are) if they'd like a blog or coverage of Charlton or even non-league.
  • Options
    yes Greg you are right to go,there for your stats as they are "official", I use them for everything except assists where I go by the video and the reports on the OS, but officially I'm wrong.

Anyway keep up the good work and good luck for future articles.
  • Options

yes Greg you are right to go,there for your stats as they are "official", I use them for everything except assists where I go by the video and the reports on the OS, but officially I'm wrong.

Anyway keep up the good work and good luck for future articles.

Thanks LL.
  • Options
    The article has had over 600 views...thanks for reading guys and the advice, much appreciated.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Well done, very good.
  • Options

Good interview given the constraints of twitter. Pleased to see he is happy at the club & nice to read his comments about Rangers. One question you could have asked was whether he discussed Charlton with Bougherra and if so, what was said.

Look forward to reading the Gold interview, hope you questioned him in depth on the figures regarding the potential Stratford move.
  • Options

Good interview given the constraints of twitter. Pleased to see he is happy at the club & nice to read his comments about Rangers. One question you could have asked was whether he discussed Charlton with Bougherra and if so, what was said.

Look forward to reading the Gold interview, hope you questioned him in depth on the figures regarding the potential Stratford move.

Funny enough I wasn't allowed to mention the Stratford move as it was irrelevant to what my purpose of the article was for. However, I still managed to get some interesting stuff and will publish it here when It is up.
  • Options
    Me again! Here is the article with David Gold that mentioned earlier in the thread. As I said, I wasn't allowed to mention the Stratford move as I originally asked to base it on within West Ham's performances this season.

http://stubblogarticles.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/david-gold-q-kevin-nolan-can-captain.html
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Interesting read Stubs.

One thing that came across, David Gold is very much a lifelong Hammers' fan.
    And that they plan for the worst case scenario, as well as what they hope to achieve.

Also, wasn't David Gold in the frame to buy Charlton before West Ham became available?
    Might have been a good point to have put to him!

Incidentally, is Matt Jarvis the ex-Gillingham winger we were rumoured to be signing a couple or 3 seasons back?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Interesting read Stubs.

One thing that came across, David Gold is very much a lifelong Hammers' fan.
    And that they plan for the worst case scenario, as well as what they hope to achieve.

Also, wasn't David Gold in the frame to buy Charlton before West Ham became available?
    Might have been a good point to have put to him!

Incidentally, is Matt Jarvis the ex-Gillingham winger we were rumoured to be signing a couple or 3 seasons back?

Thanks Oggy.

Yeah I totally forgot that Gold was in the frame to buy Charlton and only realised it when I was writing up his answers!-But nevermind!

And yes Matt Jarvis is that player, he joined Wolves instead though.