Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hanging fire doors

Had to remove a fire door due to new carpet being layed etc, took off the tension spring from the frame, probably my first mistake, would it be easier to re-hang it by either removing the door plate spring and screwing the frame back in first, and then reattach the door spring etc.

Thanks in return oh wise ones

Comments

• Options
    Depending on what sort of spring loaded closer you got on it mate, you should be able to jam a screw driver in it to give you enough time to get a couple of screws in.
  • Options
    Blimey, be careful E: Seriously, know of an (ex-) carpet fitter who lost the top of two of his fingers taking one of them poxy springs off. Please make sure you know what you're doing.
  • Options
    pah ---door springs---we are Charlton

• Options
    Chuck a flare at it
  • Options
    What Goonerhater means is you should use the head of a left wing Guardianista twerp to bash the spring back into place and then get the petrol can out.....
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

What Goonerhater means is you should use the head of a left wing Guardianista twerp to bash the spring back into place and then get the petrol can out.....

No he means just burn the door....

• Options
    depends on the rating of the fire door. If its a top charlton 1 hour fire rated door they are "real hard---heavy boys" if its a lefty--commie--vegan ---chip board fire door just throw a match at it and it will give up with out any effort.
  • Options
    Why are you hanging a fire door - what was it guilty of?
  • Options
    Door needs to be shaved anyway now as the new carpet is quite thick, will get my neighbour whose a lovely Ukranian chippie fella to do both jobs for me.

Cheers all

Ps MOG, it did take me by surprise when I undid it lol