Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kevin Davies

Time for Cort to come back?.I would not mind betting Dervite has never come up against anyone like KD in his life.He will push,kick,elbow and stamp anything to unsettle him.This is an individual battle we probably have to win if we are to get anything from this game.We could try and bring back HH i suppose,he would probably play against him for nothing!

Comments

• Options
    I think Cort would probably handle KD better than Dervite - who seems a little soft for such a big guy. I've only seen Dervite 3 or 4 times though so I may be misjudging him. Morro will certainly give him a battle after last week's relatively poor performance.
  • Options
    Cort will be back for this one. Heard that their best player imo, Mark Davies is out which is great news.
  • Options
    Kevin Davies is Boltons key figure the man they all look to but unfortunately he is also one of the craftiest, dirtiest players I have ever seen when he's interviewed he seems a nice bloke but on the pitch he has that spitefulness that wants to actually hurt other players. So we need someone who's going to stand up to him and give it back a bit and for me that is Cort after all Davies isn't a speed merchant just big and thuggish.
  • Options
    Agreed mate.Whoever gets him will know they have been in a battle!
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

I think Cort would probably handle KD better than Dervite - who seems a little soft for such a big guy. I've only seen Dervite 3 or 4 times though so I may be misjudging him. Morro will certainly give him a battle after last week's relatively poor performance.

I wouldn't call Dervite soft exactly, but he is certainly more inclined to intercepty/cut out passes or crosses than mix it up with the intended target. He's probably the quickest centreback we've got but against Davies Cort is the obvious choice... unless CP throws a curveball and goes with Cort/Dervite (though it would be very harsh on Morrison if this happened.)
  • Options
    We have a good track record this season of stopping 'proven' scorers from hitting the net so let's hope this continues with KD.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Davo55 said:

I wouldn't call Dervite soft exactly, but he is certainly more inclined to intercepty/cut out passes or crosses than mix it up with the intended target. He's probably the quickest centreback we've got but against Davies Cort is the obvious choice... unless CP throws a curveball and goes with Cort/Dervite (though it would be very harsh on Morrison if this happened.)
    I cannot for one second imagine SCP dropping Morro for making a couple of mistakes and having a bad day at the office on Saturday. SCP will want Morro to get back on the horse as soon as possible and I wouldn't be surprised if he was MotM against Bolton.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

thenewbie said:

Davo55 said:

I cannot for one second imagine SCP dropping Morro for making a couple of mistakes and having a bad day at the office on Saturday. SCP will want Morro to get back on the horse as soon as possible and I wouldn't be surprised if he was MotM against Bolton.

Oh I agree I think it would be a very bad idea for all parties should it happen, but the Dervite/Cort partnership was outstanding at Milwall but CP broke it up the very next week. Quite apart from the need to get Morro back on the horse as you put it, he and Cort have played together many more times than either has with Dervite, against an experienced pro like Davies that kind of partnership is very important.
  • Options

Kevin Davies is Boltons key figure the man they all look to but unfortunately he is also one of the craftiest, dirtiest players I have ever seen when he's interviewed he seems a nice bloke but on the pitch he has that spitefulness that wants to actually hurt other players. So we need someone who's going to stand up to him and give it back a bit and for me that is Cort after all Davies isn't a speed merchant just big and thuggish.

I don't know about actually wanting to hurt players. I wouldn't put him in the same bracket as Shearer, Muscat or Thatcher. He's just committed, and very, very crafty. The sort of player you love playing for your side, but despise when you come up against him for the opposition. He's never struck me as a 'dirty' player - rather like McCaw for the All Blacks - he plays just around the periphery of being dirty, and will get away with whatever he can. I wouldn't say I've ever seen him actually go out to injure someone though.

• Options

I don't know about actually wanting to hurt players. I wouldn't put him in the same bracket as Shearer, Muscat or Thatcher. He's just committed, and very, very crafty. The sort of player you love playing for your side, but despise when you come up against him for the opposition. He's never struck me as a 'dirty' player - rather like McCaw for the All Blacks - he plays just around the periphery of being dirty, and will get away with whatever he can. I wouldn't say I've ever seen him actually go out to injure someone though.

Agree, Leroy. Davies is a classic English centre forward, I love seeing him do well and he and a certain French striker on our books are two peas in a pod in many ways,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Agree, Leroy. Davies is a classic English centre forward, I love seeing him do well and he and a certain French striker on our books are two peas in a pod in many ways,
    Yeah, Kermorgant is very much Davies-style, judicious use of elbows and leaning on defenders to get them good and riled, but never to the point of setting out to injure them. Davies probably the more physical, Kermo edges it on skill and control for my money, but very similar as you say.
  • Options
    From 2011:

For eight Premier League campaigns now Kevin Davies has dominated the charts. But not in all the right ways. Since arriving from Southampton in the summer of 2003, Davies has made a name for himself as a Premier League serial fouler.
    In his opening season, Davies conceded 88 fouls (2nd, only behind Arsenal’s Patrick Viera) and obtained 9 yellow cards (13th in the table, 5 behind 1st placed Paul Ince) in the process.
    In 04/05 Davies improved on his fouling tally by 7 and took top spot as Viera and he traded places. Although, he did keep the yellow cards to a minimum in that season, managing only 5 – down to a lowly 52nd in the rankings.
    The next season Davies took full advantage of Viera’s absense from the Premier League and once again increased his foul count to 108, a whopping 28 ahead of his closest challenger Shola Ameobi of Newcastle. His yellow card count of 10 was his highest tally in his short stint in the League so far and he only finished two behind Phil Neville in the rankings.
    The subsequent seasons saw Davies earn top spot in four out of the next five in the most fouls conceded, only losing out to John Carew of Aston Villa in 07/08. In those five seasons he notched up a total of 510 fouls, in the process hitting a new Premier League record by giving away 115 fouls in the season just ended.
  • Options
    I remember him getting Hermann Hreidarsson sent off in a match at The Valley a few years back and then later being sent off himself.

Both for "use of elbows"
  • Options
    Morrison V Davies sounds like a promising battle. Know who my money is on to come out on top.