Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite Charlton Match of 2012?

Picking up on the songs theme , Charlton matches wise for me has to be Carlisle away , amazing day out , achieved promotion , & what a beautiful train journey through the Lake District , will stay with me for the rest of my life and get embellished with time i'm sure!

Comments

• Options
    Jan 14th - Sheffield Wednesday away

The day it really hit both fans and players that we were getting out of that poxy league
  • Options
    Except the obvious, I loved Oldham away. That was the day I knew nothing could stop the Charlton train to promotion.
  • Options
    Fulham away, great support very surprised it sold out but was a very good day out
  • Options
    I can't remember a year where there were so many great and memorable games for us.

Carlisle was special for obvious reasons and would have been my number one choice had we taken more than 1,000 fans to it!

I'm going to go with Hartlepool at home.
  • Options
    Wednesday
    Carlisle
    Sheffield utd
    In that order.
  • Options
    going on just the game itself, Cardiff.
  • Options
    Hartlepool for me. The pre-match entertainment. The Smurfs. The great game of football. The presentation of the trophy. A packed Valley and free beer in the Antigaligan after the game.
  • Options
    Has to be Carisle away and the night out in Newcastle afterwards, its one i dont remember but will never forget!

Bournemouth away was a top day out as well even without the last minute Kerms winner!
  • Options
    Result wise: Sheff Wed (a)
    Day wise: Hartlepool (h)
  • Options
    aside from Hartlepool, Sheff Utd @ home and Jacksons free kick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carlisle away!!
  • Options

Jan 14th - Sheffield Wednesday away

The day it really hit both fans and players that we were getting out of that poxy league

Seconded.
  • Options
    Hartlepool at home.

So good to have a day of celebration after the misery and dross of the Post Curbs years.

My wife came too which doesn't happen often.
  • Options
    Sheff wed for me too. For some reason I went there expecting us to lose. They were unbeaten at home I think. To be proved wrong and spend the night celebrating up there was bloody brilliant
  • Options
    Oldham away.
  • Options

Oldham away - great battling performance, especially Yann & Dale. Felt relaxed about promotion after this game.

Honourable mentions for:

Sheff Weds away - victory over promotion rivals made promotion seem a lot more likely
    Carlisle away - great to celebrate promotion
    Hartlepool home - title celebration & full house at The Valley
    Blackpool away - felt confident we could stay up after this
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Hartlepool at home.

So good to have a day of celebration after the misery and dross of the Post Curbs years.

granted it was a great day but spare us the detail Len.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Macronate said:

LenGlover said:

Hartlepool at home.

granted it was a great day but spare us the detail Len.

You know I read the post back and thought shall I edit it and decided I wouldn't.

I then had a private bet with myself as to whether Plaaayer or Offy would pick up on it with Oggy as an outsider.

Just as well it wasn't a real bet!

:-)
  • Options
    Carlisle
    Sheff Weds away
    Blackpool
    Huddersfield at home (was that this year)
    Hartlepool

So many to choose from.

When I think about what the last few years have been like I feel very lucky that I've been able to travel round the country as much as I have this year and see us play so well. For once it's been a pleasure!
  • Options
    So many to choose fromthe latter half of last season. As I didn't attend any away games, I'll say Sheff Utd.

This season, it has to be Cardiff. That game had everything................

And in a morbid way, Boro at home, as it seemed to be a reality check for the players and we're unbeaten since.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has to be Cardiff at home.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Huddersfield at home (was that this year)

Yes and no. We have played them at home this year, but if you mean the game where we ended their unbeaten run then that was towards the end of 2011.
  • Options
    Wednesday away for absolute pride.
    Hartlepool at home for Yanns goal which later proved to be the winner...I looked around me and everyone was tearful or full on blabbing...the most beautifully painful moment for me in 55 years of watching Charlton.
  • Options
    Agree Cardiff was magic never known an evening at home like it? Well maybee against Swindon playoffs semi.
    Also thought the home game against huddersfield was good
  • Options
    Has to be Carlisle.

The only reason you wouldn't choose Carlisle is if you weren't there!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Hartlepool - doh! I wasn't at Carlisle!
  • Options
    Cardiff or Leicester at Home
    or Fulham away
  • Options
    Must have been the Wycombe game we ended up on a pub crawl after so that was a good day
  • Options
    Got to be Hartlepool, the only League game I managed to get back for! well worth the journey for myself and @ozaddick
  • Options
    I could easily say everyone,win lose or draw as 2012 has seen my return after illnes, but a game I really enjoyed was Ipswich,first time for 4 years on the rd and to say it was special undersells the whole day.