Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Greetings From Bolton

Hi there, I'm from a Bolton Wanderers forum called Burnden Aces. We run a Q&A feature where we get the views of opposition fans ahead of games. If you would like to take part, just answer the questions below:

Charlton currently sit in 12th place in the Championship, 6 places above Bolton. How has your season been so far?

The Addicks won League One last year to earn a place in the Championship. Is a back-to-back promotion a possibility?After just one defeat in eight matches under new boss Dougie Freedman, do you think promotion could be a possibility for the Wanderers?

Johnnie Jackson is currently Charlton's top scorer with 4 goals. Who else should the Wanderers be wary of on Saturday?

Which Bolton player do you think Chris Powell will be earmarking as a potential threat to the Charlton goal?

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday afternoon?

Comments

• Options
    Charlton currently sit in 12th place in the Championship, 6 places above Bolton. How has your season been so far?
    Good. The start was very poor as we struggled to get to grips with the pace of the game moving up from League One, but with continual rotation and support the team soon gelled.

The Addicks won League One last year to earn a place in the Championship. Is a back-to-back promotion a possibility?
    After just one defeat in eight matches under new boss Dougie Freedman, do you think promotion could be a possibility for the Wanderers?
    I don't believe it is a LIKELY possibility, I think we need time to re-adapt ourself to the Championship before mounting a real attack of the league, I'd guess at lower midtable, possibly higher midtable depending on our home form.

Johnnie Jackson is currently Charlton's top scorer with 4 goals. Who else should the Wanderers be wary of on Saturday?
    Johnnie Jackson is only really a threat from the edge of the area, if I'd be wary of anyone it'd be Rob Hulse or Danny Haynes. Hulse is a good player at this level and when Danny Haynes is fit and with the confidence he has, no defender will catch him and he could knick a goal.

Which Bolton player do you think Chris Powell will be earmarking as a potential threat to the Charlton goal?
    I'd say he won't pick out any one in particular, he'll want to keep your midfield quiet to have any chance of getting anything here, I can sense us being a tad more defensive than most games. With Dougie Freedman already having a win against us under his belt, he knows how we play, anyone can be a threat to us.

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday afternoon?
    An optimistic 1-1. Us conceding a, somewhat rare of late, goal and pinning one back later.

Good luck on Saturday
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Very good and can only see it getting better.

The Addicks won League One last year to earn a place in the Championship. Is a back-to-back promotion a possibility?
    After just one defeat in eight matches under new boss Dougie Freedman, do you think promotion could be a possibility for the Wanderers?

I think we will be just short of the playoffs.
    Bolton will pick up but not early enough to get into the top 6.

Chris Solly the best right back in the league IMO, Lawrie Wilson is also a good attacking threat down the right side with Solly. Fuller if fit and Danny Haynes could cause you problems with his pace in behind the centre backs.

Kevin Davies

Bolton 0 Charlton 1
    Wilson.
  • Options

After just one defeat in eight matches under new boss Dougie Freedman, do you think promotion could be a possibility for the Wanderers? Good chance if you make league one for next season

Who else should the Wanderers be wary of on Saturday? HMRC

• Options
    A bloke called Henry's your man for this sort of thing...*

*sorry little in joke which you won't get. Welcome to the board, btw.

FWIW my answers would be:

Improving
    Unlikely
    Unlikely
    Yann
    Davies
    1-1
  • Options

Good luck on Saturday

?????????????????????
  • Options
    Where is Henry - he loves these posts!!!
  • Options
    Proves my point. Same fecking questions everytime