Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"World's most expensive..." Food facts

Donkey cheese is the worlds most expensive cheese at 800 quid per kg. Last year Tennis player Novak Djokovic bought the entire worlds supply for a restaurant he is opening in Serbia. FACT!

Comments

• That is the best fact I've heard this week, well done!

I'm sure there's an ass cheese joke in there somewhere.
  • elephant dung coffee is the most expensive coffee in the world at £30 a cup... 'black ivory' is made by feeding coffee beans to elephants and then once passed through the beast are picked out from the poop, sun dried and then ground down for that perfect pick me up or start to your day cuppa. FACTO!
  • bloodnut said:

elephant dung coffee is the most expensive coffee in the world at £30 a cup... 'black ivory' is made by feeding coffee beans to elephants and then once passed through the beast are picked out from the poop, sun dried and then ground down for that perfect pick me up or start to your day cuppa. FACTO!

I think you will find it's civets................as in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

Yet another example of the world gone mad / human cruelty / emperors new clothes
  • bloodnut said:

elephant dung coffee is the most expensive coffee in the world at £30 a cup... 'black ivory' is made by feeding coffee beans to elephants and then once passed through the beast are picked out from the poop, sun dried and then ground down for that perfect pick me up or start to your day cuppa. FACTO!

I think you will find it's civets................as in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

Yet another example of the world gone mad / human cruelty / emperors new clothes
    I think Maxwell House must do something similar as their coffee tastes like shit. Maybe they're seperating the beans and throwing the wrong bit away?
  • Domenico Crolla’s “Pizza Royale 007″ – $4200

The 12 inch pizza pie is densely packed with an assortment of some of the world’s most expensive food ingredients, such as lobster marinated in cognac, caviar soaked in champagne, sunblush tomato sauce, Scottish smoked salmon, venison medallions, prosciutto, and vintage balsamic vinegar. In addition to all these fine ingredients, it’s topped with a significant amount of edible 24-carat gold flakes.

washed down with a crate of Stella
  • Macronate said:

Domenico Crolla’s “Pizza Royale 007″ – $4200

The 12 inch pizza pie is densely packed with an assortment of some of the world’s most expensive food ingredients, such as lobster marinated in cognac, caviar soaked in champagne, sunblush tomato sauce, Scottish smoked salmon, venison medallions, prosciutto, and vintage balsamic vinegar. In addition to all these fine ingredients, it’s topped with a significant amount of edible 24-carat gold flakes.

washed down with a crate of Stella

Do they do two for Tuesday?
  • Surely the most expensive food in the world is wedding cake.
  • heard this on XFM this morning too!
  • Surely the most expensive food in the world is wedding cake.

Spot on! Anything to do with weddings seems to have at least one zero put on the end of the price tag.