Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Home to Chelsea in the FA Youth Cup

Charlton's U18 side have been drawn at home to holders Chelsea in the 4th round of the FA Youth Cup.

Comments

• Options
    Will this be at The Valley does anyone know ?
  • Options
    Previous home games have been at the Valley so a good chance that it will.
  • Options
    You could be looking at a record crowd for our youth team. I can't imagine a draw that will motivate them more. Bring it on.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Granpa said:

You could be looking at a record crowd for our youth team. I can't imagine a draw that will motivate them more. Bring it on.

We had over 10,000 for a youth game v Man Utd a few years back Granpa. Doubt we will get that again for this one.

• Options
    at The Valley?!
  • Options

Granpa said:

We had over 10,000 for a youth game v Man Utd a few years back Granpa. Doubt we will get that again for this one.

Is there a date for the game. i am sure if the club hyped it enough we could get a decent crowd.
  • Options
    Could get more for this than Hudders in FA Cup!
  • Options
    If go out of the cup and we play it on 4th round saturday I think we could.
  • Options
    We're already due to play Sheff Weds at home on 4th round Sat...
  • Options
    Massives will get to the final
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great draw for our likely lads !

Bring on the Ruskies !!
  • Options
    how much do we reckon tickets will be?
  • Options
    anyone think staging the game before a home championship match will be possible
  • Options
    Nice draw but I think 3,000 would be a reasonable target at a fiver.
  • Options

I like that idea. Don't know how feasible it is though??
  • Options

You may be right Brendan, Chris Eagles was star man if I remember correctly, but I am reckoning on a big Chelsea showing for this. I'll have 10p on it, which of course you will never see.
  • Options
    How about making the fa cup ticket v hudds also free entrance to this game, might just attract more to both?
  • Options

How about making the fa cup ticket v hudds also free entrance to this game, might just attract more to both?

great idea
  • Options

Or afterwards, so it doesn't screw up the pitch for the 1st team game? I would happily stick around to watch the lads.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The FA wouldn't allow it as they specify admission must be charged at FAYC matches, even to season ticket holders, I think so they get their cut.

I think there would be problems with knowing what stands to open for the FAYC too, as you wouldn't want the cost of the north.
  • Options

Its works very well in Gaelic football with the minors playing just before the seniors. Smaller crowds as they drift in but a crowd none the less. Can't see it happening in football though , what with the warm-ups taking up so much time. But still a good idea imo.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Bearing in mind there are already youth fixtures on a Saturday and that especially in our case youth players can be called into the first-team squad, would Chelsea really agree to this, even if it was feasible?

The cost implications of opening The Valley for a minor match are already prohibitive; they would be different for an add-on match, but for example you could end up paying casual staff for extended hours as you couldn't easily close stands that you wouldn't need. Then there is the consideration of accommodating Chelsea fans, as well as those for the first-team opposition.

It sounds like a nice idea but in practice there are a lot of issues you would need to surmount.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

You may be right Brendan, Chris Eagles was star man if I remember correctly, but I am reckoning on a big Chelsea showing for this. I'll have 10p on it, which of course you will never see.

Think your both thinking of when both Teams won their reserve leagues so south played North winners. Rossi got a hatrick and Eagles was the stand out player. Mark Fish actually played in that. Could be wrong though and you maybe talking bout something else.

• Options
    edited December 2012

Granpa said:

Think your both thinking of when both Teams won their reserve leagues so south played North winners. Rossi got a hatrick and Eagles was the stand out player. Mark Fish actually played in that. Could be wrong though and you maybe talking bout something else.

Both right, we did play United for a Reserve play off, but we did alo play them in front of 10K in the Youth Cup Semi Final back in either 2002 or 2003
  • Options
    Cheers, I have no memory of the youth cup semi for some reason, A sign i'm getting old perhaps.
  • Options
    To be played on 16th january at 7pm. £5 for adults.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Is that not the same night we have Herne Bay in the Kent Cup?
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Is that not the same night we play Herne Bay in the Kent Senior Cup?