Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Ipswich 1pm Boxing Day is definitely on

Fans are being urged to plan their travel to The Valley in advance for the Boxing Day match against Ipswich Town (1pm).

As was the case on Boxing Day in 2010, there is no Southeastern train service stopping at Charlton station on December 26th, while disruption to the tube service in Central London is also expected after the ASLEF union announced its members were planning to strike that day.

However, following a series of enquiries, the club made clear on Tuesday morning that there were no plans to postpone the match against the Tractor Boys.

Tickets remain on general sale for the two Valley fixtures over the Christmas period, with Chris Powell’s men facing the Tractor Boys on Wednesday, December 26th and Derby County on Saturday, December 29th (3pm).

ASLEF announced on Monday that its members would strike on Boxing Day following a dispute with London Underground.

But there are no safety issues regarding the match, and the police have not registered any concerns with the club.

As a result, the club is expecting a larger number of fans to drive to the match, so has issued some parking advice.

Supporters who park within the controlled parking zone, who would normally need a permit, will not require one for Boxing Day.

As regards parking on bays with meters, fans will need to read the bank holiday notices on the machines to see if there is a charge. Supporters thinking of parking on single yellow lines should also carefully read the parking signs in that area.

Tickets for the visit of Ipswich to The Valley are priced at the prime rates with adults £22, £25 and £30, over 60s paying £15, £20 and £22, U18s £10 and U11s £5. The price for parents accompanied by U18s in the family stand is £17.

Fans should note the earlier 1pm kick-off time, and tickets are available online. They will be posted out until the end of Wednesday, December 19th, and will remain on sale from the Valley commercial centre until kick-off.

Meanwhile, standard rates apply for the Rams’ trip to SE7 three days later, with prices £20, £22 and £25 adults, with over 60s paying £13, £18 and £20, U18s £10 and U11s £5. There is also a special £15 price for parents accompanied by U18s in the family stand.

Tickets are again available online, and will be posted out until the end of Friday, December 21st, but will remain on sale from the Valley commercial centre until kick-off.

Fans can book return coach travel to both matches via the Valley Express service, fare £7. Click here for a full list of pick-up points and times, and fans should note that Ipswich pick-ups will be made at exactly two hours before the usual 3pm kick-off pick-up timings.

* Get all the latestticket information here.

Comments

• Options
    i am leaving now to get a parking space.
  • Options
    Bugger. Now Afka will make write a preview on Christmas day
  • Options
    Warning. I had my car towed away at the 4-2 Chelsea game Boxing Day 2006. (It was parked in a perfectly decent place, although I couldn't prove it). I think it was a sign, because Charlton were all downhill from then on.

PS It took me over an hour to find it as the police swore blind they knew nothing about it & didn't know where a car pound was. It's here www.met.police.uk/vehicle_recovery/charlton_carpound.htm for the unlucky bugger that will need it :-)
  • Options
    Forecast is for snow on boxing day so will probably be called off
  • Options

Warning. I had my car towed away at the 4-2 Chelsea game Boxing Day 2006. (It was parked in a perfectly decent place, although I couldn't prove it). I think it was a sign, because Charlton were all downhill from then on.

I think the problem was that you'd left the car there for 3 years...
  • Options
    Shag said:

Forecast is for snow on boxing day so will probably be called off

Is Andy D'Urso the ref?