Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you could make 5 changes to our squad.

If you could swap any five of our players for five others from the twenty-three Championship clubs, which five would you choose and why?

Keep the swaps fairly reasonable (eg not Leon Clarke for Charlie Austin) and this should make for an interesting discussion.

Comments

• Options
    LW, CM, CM, RW, ST
  • Options
    CM-Perkins
    LW-Eagles
    ST- Vardy
    ST- Austin
    RW- Zaha
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I'll go for Chris Taylor from Millwall and Bakary Sako from Wolves to give us left sided depth. Out goes Sherkar and Seaborne.

I'd take Chris Wood at Millwall (on loan from WBA) too, and Dwight Gayle at Peterborough (on loan from Dag&Red. Out goes one of BWP/Haynes and one of Hulse/Fuller/Kermorgant.

Finally a experienced ball winning midfielder, who'll put his foot in often. Adlene Guedioura from Forest for me. Not a straight positional swap but would let go of Wagstaff who isn't getting much of a look in this year.
  • Options
    We need a new midfield and Wiggins back.
  • Options
    If my auntie had balls, she'd be my uncle !!
  • Options
    Not sure I understand that point. I'm not making excuses, just trying to have a bit of fun, picking out players and areas to improve.

I'll just say Solly.
  • Options
    Hales, Flanagan, Paddy Powell, Jim Giles and Richie Bowman.
  • Options
    I'd take Tom Ince, Bakary Sako, adam clayton, wayne bridge, wilfred zaha for
    Kerkar, Green, Pritchard, Seaborne and JJ.

Don't think our strikers are the problem, with these additions we would be frightening.
  • Options

I'd take Tom Ince, Bakary Sako, adam clayton, wayne bridge, wilfred zaha for
    Kerkar, Green, Pritchard, Seaborne and JJ.

Don't think our strikers are the problem, with these additions we would be frightening.

A striker is only as good as the service he gets (the odd individual like Lisbie who can create for himself excepted). Midfield is the root of our problems.
  • Options
    Wiggins and Evina back, a left winger, a central midfielder or two and a goalscoring striker.

The midfield is our main problem. Up front I'm not convinced by BWP or Haynes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed Len, midfield was our problem today. Back to the drawing board.
  • Options
    Nothing to be solly about Callum. Don't know enough about other players,save Ince & Zaha which will never happen,but if Villa come sniffing around with a 1m offer for Stephens again,I say bite their hand off.
  • Options
    sorry but five isn't enough. Can we make it eight?
  • Options
    Jesus there's some snap decisions going on here. Thats a 2 week question.
  • Options
    . . . . . . Then I would only have 6 more changes to make! Hehe
  • Options
    Boyd, Austin, Zaha, Reid (andy), Murray - don't care who for
  • Options
    1.Seaborne on permanent as a left back / left sided central defender,to facilitate this I'd let Taylor go.
    2.Hulse until the end of the season,let Jordan Cook go out on loan
    3.A decent left footed forward player,I'd trade Wagstaff for this.
    4.A quick striker who does not have cheesestrings for hamstrings,BWP to go.
    5.A central midfielder if we can't secure an extension of Frimpong's loan,let John Sullivan go back on loan to free up these wages.
  • Options
    If I can have a 6th change, I would go for George Friend, it's a pity we missed out on him.
  • Options
    George Friend is a great shout, definitely gutted we missed out on him. A better version of Dan Seaborne.
  • Options

Boyd, Austin, Zaha, Reid (andy), Murray - don't care who for

Ok, go on then. I'll dig out that £20m I've got stashed under the mattress.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A new midfield and a centre forward who scores goals. A creative midfielder is a must
  • Options
    Trotter from Millwall. Superb player.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Koren (Hull) for Green
    Morgan (Leic) for Cort
    Hughes (Derby) for Stephens
    Dawson (Barnsley) for Jackson
    Austin (Burnley) for Kermorgant?????

EDIT: Austin is 'off limits' according to the poster,so ; Dyer (Leic) for Kerkar
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I wouldn't say Austin is off limits, just maybe trade him for one of our better forward options like you did with Kermorgant. Otherwise we could trade Clarke for Austin, Bover for Whittingham etc. and that makes it a lot easier than I had hoped to put forward.

As another example, not trading Yado Mambo for one of the league's top CBs.
  • Options
    Zaha
    Ince
    Boyd
    Austin
  • Options
    Hulse on a 18 month contract for BWP(hero last season)
    Thomas back possibly as looked good against Chelsea instead of Kerkar
    Gayle in exchange for letting Daggers have Hollands & Green/Wagstaff on loan for the rest of the season.
    Wiggins & Evina back instead of 2 more changes.

Just trying to think of more realistic not loads of money signing

Good idea for a thread though.

• Options
    Pretttttttty sure we have no hope of getting Austin to the club and wouldnt wanna swap Kermorgant anyway hes slowly and surely becoming a cult hero !
  • Options
    i still think not having one keeper over the age of 25 at the club is a bad thing. i know loads of you love hamer and he does a great job but feel a 32/33 year old experianced keeper would help iron out the errors in his game still and also help ben roberts who to be fair wasnt exactly a world beater. so a keeper like kelvin davis roy carrol marcus hahmerman would be nice.
  • Options
    Being reasonably realistic
    In: Boyd, Scott Allan (loan), Simeon Jackson, Hulse, Derry

Out: Green, Hollands, BWP, Clarke, Frimpong
  • Options
    Knockaert and Waghorn from Leicester