Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team against Ipswich - time to kick ass

Chris Powell has been too patient, too long. Time to kick ass a bit and shake things up against Ipswich.

Out go Frimpong, Jacko, Kerkar, Kermo and Haynes.

Green, Pritch and Callum Harriot to come in, with a recall up front for BWP. Stephens back after suspension.

My team, subject to fitness:

---------------Hamer-------------------

Solly-----Cort--------Morro------Evina/Seabourne

Green----Pritch----Stephens-----Harriot

---------BWP------Fuller/Hulse--------

And let's have a real go, FFS, with decent attacking intent and pressure rather than the curbs-like caution of recent matches.

I would rather lose 3-4 going for it than 0-1 sitting back.

Comments

• Options
    Team would be better if you didnt leave Frim, Jacko, Kermo out
  • Options
    Frimpong Jackson and Kermorgant deserve to be dropped.

We all know Harriot won't play though, other than that I'd go with the rest of that team
  • Options
    Mike said:

Frimpong Jackson and Kermorgant deserve to be dropped.

We all know Harriot won't play though, other than that I'd go with the rest of that team

But, whatever else happens, Kerkar must be dropped, surely? If not Harriot then who? Maybe Waggy on the left, or play him on the right and switch Green to the left. Problem is, that's playing people out of position. Why not give the youngster a shot. Or Cook?

ABK - anyone but Kerkar!
  • Options
    I'd give cook a shot, don't really think he's been a given a fair chance yet.

Kerkar shouldn't play either. God we have some poor midfielders.

Green Stephens Pritchard cook

Would be worth a go
  • Options
    Kermo out for Ipswich he is no beast in the championship
  • Options
    I'd send Frimgpong back to Arsenal. I don't rate him at all.
  • Options
    He's going Africa cup anyway isn't he?
  • Options
    We moving to the US for this "ass kicking"? ;-)
  • Options
    My team would be

Solly-----Cort--------Morro------Evina

Green----Frimm----Stephens-----Kerkar

---------BWP------Fuller/Hulse--------

I really feel bwp deserves another chance as what we are lacking is a few pacey wingers and a goalscorer and BWP is a goal scorer albeit he hasn't exactly set the world a light when he has played I'd like to see him partnered by hulse or fuller and see what that would be like
  • Options
    Have a bit of bollocks about you Powell and go three upfront.
    Haynes, Hulse, Fuller
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After 2 back to back defeats, it's important CP gets the starting lineup and substitutions right, we need to as fans forget about the last 2 games, they've gone now, and get behind the boys COYR!
  • Options
    Harriot?

Yeah, his pro experience will bring bundles to the team.

Give him a go in the FA Cup maybe.

Kermogant and JJ I can understand. Plus I don't think Frimpong has brought much to the side but he's all we've got to do that type of role.
  • Options
    Hamer

Wilson Cort Dervite Solly

Green Stephens Jackson Haynes

BWP Fuller
  • Options
    Hamer

Solly Morro Cort Evina
    Green Stephens Pritchard Wilson
    Fuller Hulse
  • Options

I'd send Frimgpong back to Arsenal. I don't rate him at all.

Really?thought he was brilliant in the middle with stephans against brighton, may be poor against wednesday as he had jackson next to him, who lets face it drifts off all over the place and leaves his fellow midfielders behind.

For Ipswich id like to see cook get another chance on the left with frimpong and stephans in the middle, i would stick with defence and wilson rm, up top hulse and haynes.

• Options
    harriot deserves a chance. good shout
  • Options

Hamer

Solly Morro Cort Evina
    Green Stephens Pritchard Wilson
    Fuller Hulse

That would be interesting to see. Think Wilson probably would do the best job on the left out of the naturally right sided players. Don't see Jackson as an option there myself, Kerkar has no competition and it seems Cook probably isn't ready.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Solly-----Cort--------Morro------Evina

Green----Pritchard----Stephens-----Haynes

---------BWP----------Hulse--------

Bench:- (Keeper), Fox, Dervite, Frimpong/Jackson, Cook/Kerkar Fuller, Kermorgant
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    ----------Hamer-----------

-Solly Cort Morrison Seaborne--

--Frimpong Stephens Jackson--

Wilson----------------Kerkar

-----------Hulse-----------

Back to what was picking up the points please. 4-5-1, Wilson and Kerkar on the wings working off Hulse's hold up play.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Hamer
    Solly
    Cort
    Morro
    Seabourne
    Pritchard
    Stephens
    Frimpong
    Kerkar
    Hulse
    Haynes/Fuller

Wilson is suspended I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought someone said wilson was suspended
  • Options
    In that case, Pritchard in for Wilson in my selection.
  • Options
    Not rated Kerkar from the first game and opinion still the same. Far too predictable and has no tricks or pace to do anything else. Unfortunately, we don't have an alternative option. This needs to be No1 priority in jan............
  • Options
    I would still have Wagstaff/Cook above Harriott who I actually know him personally, went school with him amazing talent on the ball but very 'lightweight'
  • Options
    Room MUST be found for Fuller if he is anywhere close to fitness. He's the only 'striker' who looks to have a goal in him.

Hamer Solly Morrison Cort Seabourne Green Pritchard Stephens Jackson Fuller Haynes.

Wilson is suspended. Haynes needs to rediscover his scoring touch. He's missed too many fairly straightforward chances lately.
  • Options
    Scoham that was my thinking. On the previous 180 minutes I think Seaborne Jackson Frimpong and Kermorgant need to be left out. Wilson would be a better makeshift left player than Green and Kerkar/Haynes with Evina is not solid enough defensively. Not a perfect XI by any stretch of the imagination but shows what limitations we still have to work with.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Scrap that Wilson suspended so Jacko keeps his place as the best of a limited bunch.
  • Options

Hamer
    Solly
    Cort
    Morro
    Seabourne
    Pritchard
    Stephens
    Frimpong
    Kerkar
    Hulse
    Haynes/Fuller

Wilson is suspended I think.

This.

• Options
    Looks fairly straightforward to me:

Hamer
    Solly
    Cort
    Morro
    Seabourne
    Green
    Stephens
    Pritchard
    Jackson
    Hulse
    Fuller

Sadly I don't believe Frimpong has actually improved the standard of our midfield and I would like to see Pritchard reinstated. Pritch wasn't great against Brighton, but he came up with an important goal and his energy is always immense. I think he has been unfortunate to miss out in the last two games.
  • Options
    other than Wilson, a shoe in at RM for me, I'd strugle to pick another midfielder as none of them are good enough in my opinion and therein lies the whole problem.