Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Two points!

From the last five matches not good enough.

Comments

• Options
    1) Early kickoff - Players looked hung over
    2) Lawrie Wilson was suspended and missing, Green was very disappointing is his confidence shot to pieces?
  • Options
    Seven wins from the last twenty four matches.
  • Options

8 wins in 46 last time at this level, your point is?

• Options

1) Early kickoff - Players looked hung over
    2) Lawrie Wilson was suspended and missing, Green was very disappointing is his confidence shot to pieces?

Same for Ipswich though isn't, if not harder especially as the away team.
  • Options

we are going to get relegated.

• Options

but this stat at 24 games does not mean a thing, if we win 7 more, we will more than likely stay up. god i actually hate you golfaddick, you are the most pessimistic, arrogant, nonsensical sorry excuse of a charlton "supporter" and i use the word supporter very loosely, if you like being downcast every poxy week go support someone else like orient, as it seems you are so keen to see league one football!! i'm done!
  • Options

but this stat at 24 games does not mean a thing, if we win 7 more, we will more than likely stay up. god i actually hate you golfaddick, you are the most pessimistic, arrogant, nonsensical sorry excuse of a charlton "supporter" and i use the word supporter very loosely, if you like being downcast every poxy week go support someone else like orient, as it seems you are so keen to see league one football!! i'm done!
    I find Golfie annoying too sometimes but the bloke goes to all the home games and many away so is entitled to his view even though many of us disagree with it!
  • Options

No we're not
  • Options
    OHHH YES WE ARE! OHHH NO WE'RE NOT!!

...it is Panto season after all...
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I find Golfie annoying too sometimes but the bloke goes to all the home games and many away so is entitled to his view even though many of us disagree with it!

And I have been a supporter for over 35 years - I may have witnessed some rubbish over that time, but not a lot beats this current crop for the title of "under achievers"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

OHHH YES WE ARE! OHHH NO WE'RE NOT!!

...it is Panto season after all...

no it isn't. ;-)
  • Options

LenGlover said:

And I have been a supporter for over 35 years - I may have witnessed some rubbish over that time, but not a lot beats this current crop for the title of "under achievers"
    I'm interested to see in what way a newly-promoted Championship side with hardly any investment since the summer is under-achieving? We're not in the relegation spots. We've lost 3 in a row but we were also unbeaten in 7 earlier this season. We're not a great team but we're not a terrible team and, again, we're not in the relegation spots. Finishing 21st would be a successful season for us as it would allow us to consolidate and build. You're just determined to see the worst. Must be fun.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
  • Options
    What's worrying is that other sides at the foot are finding some form. Ipswich are top six in the form table since McCarthy took over, Posh have just won three on the spin, so have Sheff Weds and Barnsley won at Millwall on Sat.

I know everyone beats everyone in this division and we have some notable scalps this season too but we need three points badly on Saturday.
  • Options
    Think he's on his way
  • Options
    Were we not all delighted to get promoted in such a fashion and then talk of consolidation this season? It is always tough when you move up and we all know that to stay in this division is paramount. Soon forgot the unbeaten 7 game run! And, as is stated above we are not in a relegation spot. We will be OK.
  • Options
    For me its not the league position that is worrying me. It's the lack of creativity and we just don't look like scoring goals to me.
  • Options
    I'm interested to see in what way a newly-promoted Championship side with hardly any investment since the summer is under-achieving? We're not in the relegation spots. We've lost 3 in a row but we were also unbeaten in 7 earlier this season. We're not a great team but we're not a terrible team and, again, we're not in the relegation spots. Finishing 21st would be a successful season for us as it would allow us to consolidate and build. You're just determined to see the worst. Must be fun.

This!
  • Options

LenGlover said:

my thoughts exactly
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Until next year. Then you'll just be spoutning the same old shit all over again.

If you have been going 35 years as you say then I can't really see what else you would expect. Maybe going to Charlton just isn't for you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    im glad i don't live or work with some of you doom mongers!
  • Options
    golfaddick said:
    » show previous quotes

Really!! Has he been blind for 35 years and suddenly and miraculously recovered the power of sight.
    This has to be the biggest exaggeration I have heard in a long time, ridiculous statement.
  • Options
    I like Golfie - he is an absolutely miserable doom merchant, but fair play he is consistent and it seems like he's earned the right to be like that - find it hard to take from some others who are clearly on a wind up, but Golfie is our very own Victor Meldrew & long may he remain that way!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Oakster said:

I like Golfie - he is an absolutely miserable doom merchant, but fair play he is consistent and it seems like he's earned the right to be like that - find it hard to take from some others who are clearly on a wind up, but Golfie is our very own Victor Meldrew & long may he remain that way!

and ps Golfie - I absolutely detest golf, but for work reasons I get to hack my way round some of the most beautiful courses in the world every year (for free) ;-)
  • Options
    Well said oakster
  • Options
    Up until Bolton away we were doing nicely. We had not lost away in three months are were within reach of the play-offs. I do not look at Charlton in rose-tinted glasses, far from it, but after three defeats we are still eight points away from the bottom three. Win the next three games and things will be okay again.
    We must realise where we have come from and only brought players in on the back of the Jenkinson transfer.
    We're doing alright and will not be tangled up in a relegation fight.
  • Options
    promotion it is then.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

No we're not
    Definitely not
  • Options
    People need to get perspective at both ends

We won't go up

We won't go down

Our poopers might tighten at times when we get too close for comfort or when we start to flatter to deceive

But the most underachieving team in years do me a favour golfie stop worrying so much
  • Options
    The trouble with this league is it's so tight. 2 wins and you're on the edge of the play-offs - 2 defeats and you're on the edge of the relegation zone and because most fans seemingly now can't remember beyond the last 3 or 4 games it's easy to see how the mentality lurches from fervent expectation to suicidal depression (and it seems to get worse year after year).

I think this team is similar in overall ability (and playing style) to the team that finished lower mid-table in 96/97. That seemed a pretty workmanlike side at the time and was a step backwards from the team that finished in the play-offs a season earlier. However, we made a couple of well judged (and well priced) signings at the end of that season and suddenly that team was transformed into an attractive, attacking and promotion winning team.

There's too much spirit in the team to see us relegated and it's got a lot of the raw ingredients to be a very good Championship side.

As for the idea that we're underachieving.... get real. We're above 2 of the relegated sides (and only 3 pts behind the other who spent more on 1 player than we have on our entire squad) and we're above the other 2 promoted sides. I don't think we're overachieving particularly, but if what we're doing isn't good enough I really don't know what some people expect.