Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luxury Players

I have noticed since the introduction of these luxury players Eg. Fuller, Frimpong and to an extent Haynes, we have been non-existent and lack enthusiasm.

Would it be worth scrapping them and go back to the team that wasnt brilliant to watch but got results?

Hamer. Solly. Cort. Morro. Wiggins (Injured). Green/Wagstaff. Stephens. Pritchard. Yann. Bwp. For example. They are not the most gifted players like Fuller but will work hard, are full of energy and will give it there all.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Funny that - I was just thinking this avo - what if we got rid of these supposedly higher standard players and played the team we played last year (obviously having to fill in for Wiggy - Evina?) - get Hollands back, get Waggy on the bench...can't be worse than whats happening now, surely?
  • Options

Funny that - I was just thinking this avo - what if we got rid of these supposedly higher standard players and played the team we played last year (obviously having to fill in for Wiggy - Evina?) - get Hollands back, get Waggy on the bench...can't be worse than whats happening now, surely?

My thoughts exactly...

• Options
    Get Hollands back? The one who got (rightly) accused of being a passenger everytime he played a game in this league? There's a reason he's at another club, he's out of his depth No thanks.

Get Waggy back? The one near on everyone slags off for not being strong enough?

Funny how the players who weren't good enough the start of the season and people were calling to be dropped are now suddenly world beaters because we've hit a bad spot.
  • Options
    Fuller, Frimpong and Haynes are not "luxury players"
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Tho on the other hand early in the season when Fuller was brought on as a semi-fit sub the opposing defense practically fell over it's own feet in their anxiety to try to contain him and we won, so...no easy solutions I guess.
  • Options
    We had Haynes last year so he stays.

I think the point is that there was something that made that team gel - and they did it pretty damn quickly last year - and that ability to work together seems to be missing.
  • Options

Get Hollands back? The one who got (rightly) accused of being a passenger everytime he played a game in this league? There's a reason he's at another club, he's out of his depth No thanks.

Funny how the players who weren't good enough the start of the season and people were calling to be dropped are now suddenly world beaters because we've hit a bad spot.

To be fair Greenie the only game Wagstaff has played so far was in the Capital Cup (or whatever the league cup is called now) and he scored.

He's neither started nor come on as a sub in the league.

Can he be any worse than Green and others? At least he works.
  • Options
    i must say i never have said anything bad about Hollands and Waggy. i think waggys pace and 1 out of 3 of his crosses are quality can be a threat. Hollands was so close to my vote for player of the year last year as he never stopped and did so much silent work.
  • Options

We had Haynes last year so he stays.

I think the point is that there was something that made that team gel - and they did it pretty damn quickly last year - and that ability to work together seems to be missing.

That was the majority of my point. Also the higher level players dont seem to be performing to what they are capable of.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

To be fair Greenie the only game Wagstaff has played so far was in the Capital Cup (or whatever the league cup is called now) and he scored.

He's neither started nor come on as a sub in the league.

Can he be any worse than Green and others? At least he works.
    Yeah an he scored in that game, to be fair I don't get why Waggy doesn't get a start but there is obviously a reason. But last year there was so much waggy bashing on here that Henry Irvings fingers must of bled the amount he stuck up for him.

The last paragraph was mainly based on Hollands might I add
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "World-beaters"?

I'll settle for "competent team members".
  • Options
    I think it lies deeper there is something seriously wrong.Last seasons togetherness,remember being at Carlisle when JJ ran across asking about other teams latest scores.Something is wrong that team with that togetherness done themselves proud in defeat at Fulham,come on board and management SORT IT OUT !!!!
  • Options
    For me I think the issue is not that THEY are luxury players it's that they believe they are luxury players far too much.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    There is no way that anyone on that pitch yesterday could be described as "Luxury". Faux-Lux is the closest you can get with any of them. They are no more luxury than other brands that pretend to be something they're not, like Ferrero-Roche, Stella Artois, Super Dry or those shit fake handbags that are sold on Spanish beaches. Fuller is more Casio than Cartier. Frimpong more Fiat than Ferrari. And if we were look for a comparable product for Seaborne we probably end up with a dented, rusty old tin of unspecified meat from the ASDA Smart Price Range which some incontinent old woman with Alzheimer's had found at the back of a cupboard and donated to the tombola of the local church fete thirteen years after winning it in the same tombola.
  • Options
    Conforming to stereotype . Fuller worked his balls off yesterday.

Would you call Seaborne a luxury player? Stephens aside he was about our worst player yesterday.
  • Options
    When Solly and Stephens leave next week we will have the 'opportunity' to see a new team in action. Kinda scares me though losing Solly. I can see us losing 8 on the bounce like we did under Chrissy when he took over from Parky. Like Airman, I will still take 4th from bottom this season!