Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Happy Clappers Or Wrist Slitters ?

Just a Quick Question. As A Member of Charlton life what side do you prefer :
The Happy Clappers- People Who Always seek out the tiny traces of optimism in a bad situation
The Wrist Slitters- The people who are always quick to criticise the team after one bad performance Yet speak elements of the Harsh Truth

Which Group are Better ?

Comments

• Options
    Surely both groups "speak elements of the truth" not just the wrist slitters?
  • Options
    I reckon the happy clappers will live longer
  • Options
    I'd like to put both sets in a single room and lock them in for an hour .... last man standing
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

I'd like to put both sets in a single room and lock them in for an hour .... last man standing

Wrist Slitters wouldn't last 5 Minutes
  • Options
    Wrist slitters are more irrational and often unnecessarily harsh. Take Stephens as an example. Almost seems to be his fault that he was not sold for 2 million. Does anyone even know for definite Villa offered that amount? He had a poor game today, but still nearly scored 3 times in a match totally unsuited to his style of play.

Would be fascinating to see stats on each player at the end of a game- complete and incomplete passes, tackles and fouls, shots on and off, miles covered.

• Options
    Neither. Football isn't black or white.
  • Options
    Maybe you could slit your hands and clap them? Sort of point out the dire stuff but acknowledge there are a few gems amidst the shower of shite.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Neither. Football isn't black or white.

It is to Newcastle fans.

• Options
    We suffer a 2-1 defeat and suddenly there's three new threads digging out individual players and people calling for the manager's head. Sign me up for the Happy Clappers thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    No doubt about it, the wrist-slitters are far funnier:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

The wrist slitters are far funnier:

Hahahhaha quality !
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Errr, make that "woman", Kap !

• Options

Kap10 said:

Yeah... but which are you? ;)
  • Options
    i prefer people that are positive rather than a drain on my energy, lifes too short, a bit like Chris Solly.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Kap10 said:

Yeah... but which are you? ;)
    She's a woman ;-)

• Options
    Lol nice one stig
  • Options
    Im a happy clapper.but was much happier returning home on dec 26th 2003 having demolished chelsea 4-2 than yesterdays damp squib.
  • Options
    I'll happily sit in the Happy Clappers group.

Happy Clappers generate a positivity which helps in the long run. Wrist slitters don't.
  • Options
    I am a very happy clapper from on top of my fence, losing sure sucks so try and support at all times, but It's tricky some days.
  • Options
    But are the happy clappers also the people who stuck their fingers in their ears and insisted that nothing was wrong during the summer? They were annoying, not for their determination to look on the bright side, but for their total refusal to even listen to any potentially bad news.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Actually after a bottle or two of merlot,I put all laces and sharp things in the shed.
  • Options
    Problem is some of ours are Happy Wrist Slitters - they absolutely revel in our defeats and delight in writing reams of negative prose saying "I told you so"....
  • Options
    Uboat said:

But are the happy clappers also the people who stuck their fingers in their ears and insisted that nothing was wrong during the summer? They were annoying, not for their determination to look on the bright side, but for their total refusal to even listen to any potentially bad news.

There was nothing wrong during the summer
    save for some compulsive overreaction to a lot of gossip and rumour.

• Options
    Oakster said:

Problem is some of ours are Happy Wrist Slitters - they absolutely revel in our defeats and delight in writing reams of negative prose saying "I told you so"....

Agree.

• Options
    Nail on the head redskin
  • Options
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Uboat said:

I didn't say there was anything wrong. I said that some people's refusal to even consider the possibility was annoying.
  • Options
    I have a mate who will never say that we will not win today, whatever our position or oppostion we are playing.
    If we are 2 down with 5 minutes to go he still thinks we can come back, absolutely infuriating.
    I am all for supporting the team, I go to virtually all the games with the exception of midweek aways but I prefer the realistic approach. Example, Watford coming up, we have a chance but will be happy with a draw, blah blah blah
  • Options

I have a mate who will never say that we will not win today, whatever our position or oppostion we are playing.
    If we are 2 down with 5 minutes to go he still thinks we can come back, absolutely infuriating.
    I am all for supporting the team, I go to virtually all the games with the exception of midweek aways but I prefer the realistic approach. Example, Watford coming up, we have a chance but will be happy with a draw, blah blah blah

So would you rather your mate just sat back with 5 minutes to go and just accept defeats?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Redskin said:

Uboat said:

I didn't say there was anything wrong. I said that some people's refusal to even consider the possibility was annoying.
    I'd imagine these people you found annoying were the same ones you claimed '...stuck their fingers in their ears and insisted nothing was wrong...'
    On the contrary, they probably listened to all the 'possibilities' and decided,rightly as it has turned out, that it was a lot of tittle-tattle trotted out by the same old self-aggrandising posters and wasn't worth considering.