Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

For me

I not one to slag our own but Danny green your time is up got thrown in today but his first 3 crosses hit the full back. Show him u want that place but every time the opportunity is given u flatter to deceive. He has so much to offer but I think he prefers being the star in a side that focus around him

Comments

• Options
    Frustrates me. Obviously has something but I'm not sure it's at this level.
  • Options
    I think he's not had a fair crack of the whip to be honest, got hauled off at half time today, but I would have taken off Seaborne, Frimpong, Stephens or Fuller before him today.

He is a confidence player, and right now I would imagine it's incredibly low, so it's no real surprise he didn't shine today, but lets be honest, who did?
  • Options
    He might be a confidence but you got to offer more than 3 crosses that fail to beat the full back. U get the nod u got to make sure you take it he doesn't
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

I think he's not had a fair crack of the whip to be honest, got hauled off at half time today, but I would have taken off Seaborne, Frimpong, Stephens or Fuller before him today.

He is a confidence player, and right now I would imagine it's incredibly low, so it's no real surprise he didn't shine today, but lets be honest, who did?

Agreed Sam. So we're chasing the game, got two big strikers on the pitch, and we're about to take the game to the opposition (finally). So what do you do? Take your best crosser of a ball off.

Didn't understand that decision particularly but I'm not one to question Powell.
  • Options
    Yes, he certainly hasn't had a run this year. Can't be expected to perform miracles in a physically weak midfield after two defeats in 45mins.
  • Options
    Scott Wagstaff.
  • Options
    Surely the point is he had his chance today and was toss for it
  • Options

Surely the point is he had his chance today and was toss for it

But no-one played well today, probably bar Pritchard, I doubt Ronaldo would have shone in that game if he was in Charlton Red and out on our wing. To be thrust into the team, having been out of the first XI for a month, on the back of 2 dismal defeats and then only given one half to prove to people he should play wasn't really a proper chance was it? Especially when you have players around him seeingly incapable of tackling (EF) passing in a forwards manner to a Charlton player (DS) or even controlling a football (the other DS)
  • Options
    Let's not kid ourselves here. Danny Green wasn't even in the top 5 worst performers today. He didn't have a fair crack. Don't remember him receiving one clean pass in the 45 minutes.
  • Options
    I'm generally fan of Green, but I think today was his last chance and he blew it. Its not even the crosses that hit the first man that frustrated, but the general lack of effort to make something happen eg. when Fuller held the ball up for about 30 seconds on his own and Green was somewhere back near the halfway line. When you get a chance you need to grab it, and sadly today he showed that he's not someone we can rely on if things get tough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Green has shown in flashes that he can play in this division like against Palace and Derby. But defensive duties are alien to him and we are quite a defensive side. He also is a player who needs confidence but at the moment in a struggling team not many are very confident. Wilson should be back and sadly January may see the exit of Green which is a shame as we all would like him to be a success.
  • Options
    He has no footballing brain whatsoever. Doesn't seem to uderstand positioning at all.
  • Options
    i am not Danny Greens biggest fan but he does seem to be lacking confidence atm
  • Options
    I think you're all being harsh. Deserves more chances. A 45 minute cameo in a side not performing particularly well isn't a fair basis on which to judge
  • Options
    I like Danny Green but he is a confidence player. Looked like he was getting a bit of confidence back at the beginning of the season with some good performances and he was a real threat.

Sort of player I can imagine would end up doing great somewhere else and we'll all be sat here wondering why it didn't always click at Charlton (just like Darren Ambrose).
  • Options
    Lets get this right

He has no pace
    Can't beat a man
    Has no football brain
    No positional awareness
    Can't tackle
    Gives away silly free kicks
    Hides
    Doesn't track his man
    Doesn't score many goals

And finally, the only reason he is in the side which is for this supposedly amazing crossing ability, he had four attempts at a cross on Boxing Day, three of them were blocked and the other one went to no mans land

No one will ever convince me this lad is good enough to pull on a charlton shirt
  • Options

Scott Wagstaff.

is worse.
  • Options
    He is a winger. Blows hot and cold like most of them do. Mainly cold this season, unfortunately.
  • Options

Lets get this right

He has no pace
    Can't beat a man
    Has no football brain
    No positional awareness
    Can't tackle
    Gives away silly free kicks
    Hides
    Doesn't track his man
    Doesn't score many goals

And finally, the only reason he is in the side which is for this supposedly amazing crossing ability, he had four attempts at a cross on Boxing Day, three of them were blocked and the other one went to no mans land

No one will ever convince me this lad is good enough to pull on a charlton shirt

Is Scott Wagstaff?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    The fact that CP was prepared to use Pritchard out of position, rather than Green, was a clue. Add the emergence of Wilson and Green must realise that his opportunities are going to be further limited. We have seen glimpses of what DG is capable of, but he is an inconsistent performer and I can't blame CP for not using him more.
    Wouldn't surprise me to see him move on in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I believe in Danny Green.
  • Options
    Green is a league two player. Mid table League one at a push.....