Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We have officially entered Panto season - Henning Berg now gone too

2»

Comments

• Options
    Rizzo said:

The capacity of Ewood Park is actually larger than the population of Blackburn itself plus several of the surrounding towns. They have no chance of filling that place outside of the premiership.

According to the 2001 census, the population of Blackburn is 105,085.

Have they bulit a new stand at Ewood since I last went?
  • Options

They would do better to get rid of that idiot Shebby Singh.

Are you missing his insights on Star sports?

Good point. If he were sacked he might be back. KEEP SHEBBY!
  • Options
    I don't think the Venky's really did their homework on Blackburn before they bought it. They have had some proud moments in their history, but their most recent success was something of a blip and only came about thanks to a multi millionaire life long Fan sinking his kids inheritance into the club at the right time - i.e. before the Sky money really started to kick in and hyper inflate wages and transfer fees. If Jack Walker was getting invloved today, he'd just about have enough dosh to keep them in Premier League (if it was spent well), but lots of clubs have spent more trying and failing to get out of the Championship.

I don't begrudge Blackburn their moment in the sun, but their natural level in the modern day game is probably the Championship with the occassional flirtation with promotion and/or relegation (rather like ourselves and probably 30 other clubs). I wonder in the Venkys looked at the fact that Blackburn won a few trophies way back when and then are one of the few sides to win the Premiership and thought they were buying a sleeping giant in the way Abramovich (arguably) did with Chelsea.

I suspect they're now realising they've bought one of the many middle of the road clubs and are realising it's actually a financial blck hole and are panicking about how they'll ever get shot of the club for anything less than a enourmous loss, especially if they were to be relgated again.

Berg's record is similar to Parkinson's early days with us (albeit he was officially a caretaker) and I would say the majority opinion back then was that we should sack him so I don't think it's necessarily that barmy taht they have decided to act now rather than prolong the agony.
  • Options
    Just reading that Blackburn are now appointing as first team coaches, Kevin McDonald and some bloke who managerial record is assistant manager in Div 5 of the London Sunday Sportsman league (but happens to be British Indian). Hmm...what manager us going to want to work with that set up???

Slow motion train crash is the phrase that springs to my mind.
  • Options
    Blackburn isn't a rich town, and has rich, successful and glamorous clubs on its doorstep, their natural level is Championship, indeed I would say Charlton would be a much more attractive club to own.

The problem is, that English football is full of foreign owners who see the riches and glamour of Man U and Arsenal, and want a bit of it, not realising
    a) the amount of money involved
    b) the relatively unattractive nature of their clubs to 'superstar' players.
    c) how many other owners want the same thing
  • Options
    Reading that article these guys are completely disconnected to reality or deliberately trying to destroy a football club or trying to lose money or mad or like being perceived as failures and are on a public self destruction path ...
  • Options

Just reading that Blackburn are now appointing as first team coaches, Kevin McDonald and some bloke who managerial record is assistant manager in Div 5 of the London Sunday Sportsman league (but happens to be British Indian). Hmm...what manager us going to want to work with that set up???

Slow motion train crash is the phrase that springs to my mind.

i mean surely if you get a new manager in you'd let him make up his own coaching team .....forcing a coaching set up on a new manager would be ridiculous .......... ahem

• Options
    edited December 2012
    "London-born Ali, whose family moved to the UK from India, was on Arsenal’s books as a YTS trainee but blamed the racist culture within English football in the 80s and 90s for his failure to secure a professional contract in this country."

Ahh, so that's why he never made it as a pro - because of the racist culture within football. Not because he was shit or had a crap attitude, of course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely they must have had someone in mind when they sacked Berg? Someone recently fired from QPR perhaps? That said if they've appointed someone with no experience at all as a coach and expect the new guy to work with them, I can't see anyone with any real experience going there.
  • Options
    Racist or what ? Looks like someone is being hired for a position purely in terms of race , should this be reported?
  • Options
    Mark Hughes is the favorite.
  • Options
    I'm sure Danny Murphy's game will improve with some of the new Coach's ideas?