Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Derby - Preview, predictions, line ups etc

2»

Comments

• Options
    Have not seen the last three games,but I am quite concerned by the loan players for different reasons and I hope we resolve some player issues early in the window before the Blackpool game.

In terms of Frimpong it is clear to me he is not match fit and therefore he has not lived up to his reputation,I would be annoyed if he pitched up at Wolves in the New Year as has been rumoured as it would feel like we were used as a training ground for a competitor because in the games i have seen he will not be called up for the African Cup of Nations or get anywhere near the Arsenal first team.I still reserve judgement.

I like Hulse and cannot understand why he has not started recently. I am slightly worried he might be on the Spanner's hit list now they have failed to sign Wood.At this level I do not think we could do any better.I would love him to be given an 18 month contract.

The final loanee Danny Seaborne is also frustrating. In the games I've seen he looked solid without being spectacular.He reminded me of Garry Borrowdale or Matt Fry in that he did his defensive duties well,added decent height to the back line but offered little or nothing going forward,by trade he is a left footed centre back who is playing out of position so he does not have anywhere like the pace of Evina or Wiggins.Having said that I am very concerned about the reviews he has got in the last two games and wonder whether he is good enough at this level.

In terms of tomorrow I hope Ceddy is back at left back and Wilson plays on the right and apart from Hulse the loaness are on the bench.
  • Options
    Hamer

Solly Cort Morro Evina
    Jacko Pritch
    Wilson Haynes
    Stephens
    Hulse
    1-0 hulse the score and first clean sheet in a while.
  • Options
    Can't see us winning this one,2-0 to them.
  • Options

Hamer

Solly Dervite Cort Fox

Wilson Stephens Pritchard Harriot

Kermorgant, Haynes

Won't happen of course, but I'd quite like to seei it. No loanees, all our own boys. Fox and Harriot already understand each other so play them together. Morro could do with a rest.

Would be very harsh to chuck two youngsters in and expect them to turn our form around.

• Options
    Hulse and Haynes up front and 4 in midfield please (a disaster again if we dont put 4 in midfield- we have no quality there so beef it up not make it worse. I'm sorry but frimpong is never going to gel and Pritchard is a must. Stephens does not deserve it but let him redeem himself and put Jackson to start with Wilson. Back 4 solly cort morrison and evina. If this is the line up we will win.
  • Options
    Plenty of 'after timing' on the Ipswich post match thread with regard to Pritchard.
    I said before the game that Pritchard should be in and one of the main reasons for this is because you know he cares and he shows it with 90 minutes of effort.
    Somehow Frimpong has completely failed to improve our midfield and must be on the bench at best. Jackson is another who gets plenty of stick, but you can never doubt his commitment and generally the team play better with him in. Stephens is an enigma but if he plays further forward he can cause problems.
    Hulse and Haynes should get a chance to rekindle their Cardiff partnership, but fair enough if Kermo gets the nod over Hulse.

Hamer
    Solly
    Morrision
    Cort
    Seabourne (Evina if fit)
    Wilson
    Pritchard
    Stephens
    Jackson
    Hulse
    Haynes_
  • Options

Hamer

Solly Dervite Cort Fox

Wilson Stephens Pritchard Harriot

Kermorgant, Haynes

Won't happen of course, but I'd quite like to seei it. No loanees, all our own boys. Fox and Harriot already understand each other so play them together. Morro could do with a rest.

Would be very harsh to chuck two youngsters in and expect them to turn our form around.

Yeah you're probably right but I can't see that Harriott can be any worse than anything else we've tried on the left and seaborne is pants so it does have some logic. I guess Harriott and Evina will have played a few times together too.
  • Options
    Hamer
    Solly
    Dervite
    Morro
    Evina
    Wilson
    Pritchard
    Stephens
    JJ
    Haynes
    Kermorgant

The conditions look like being atrocious & suited to our long ball game. An ugly 1-0 win (Haynes feeding off a Kermorgant flick-on), crowd go home happy proving that the result is everything

• Options
    2-5
  • Options
    Nail biting 2-1, 4-4-2 and no loan players please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I fear if we concede early and then go in to headless chicken mode and have to wait 85 mins for some fresh blood and ideas to be introduced.I reckon we will score early and restore some confidence and go on to win 2-1.
  • Options
    4-1 to Derby and our beloved Chris will be gone by 5.30pm.
    Not really. We're made of sterner stuff aren't we.
    I suspect no more than a score draw though. 2-2
  • Options
    Its not looking good for the Addicks. Even my daughters magic dust did not work in making them win on Weds. (She normally only sees wins when she goes and her birth coincided with the 13 wins in 99/00). And the dismal game on Weds means she won't be there tomorrow. Derby are due a win and I just cannot believe we will get that home Sat win. Another poor performance and a 2-0 defeat beckons.
  • Options
    2 0 charlton win , Stephens wonder goal
  • Options
    from the bbc preview: • They (cafc) have only scored one first-half goal in their last eight Championship games, and have netted before the break a division-low nine times in total..

amazing stat that i have been saying for ages is cannont recall the last time we went for the oppo from kick off, shows how defensively minded we have become. any win would be nice.
  • Options
    2-0 Addicks and we' 'll all be happy. chins up chaps
  • Options
    Cannot guess on score or team but you can bet it won't be as impressive as AFKA's very entertaining preview.
  • Options
    5-0 Charlton
  • Options
    0-2. Would be ecstatic to be proved wrong, though.
  • Options
    1-0 to Derby County I fear - i am knackered after a days skiing, not setting the alarm for ths as the idiot over the road will wake me at 6am revving his stupid monster truck up :(

If idiot decides not too i mght not surface til the 2nd half!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0-2.....end of the road for SCP.
  • Options
    Well needed 3-1 victory and the wheels are back on as we thunder into 2013.
    Yeh, on second thoughts (reality) I'd settle for an ugly point.
  • Options
    after 3 defeats in a row, I'd take a point
  • Options
    From the BBC

Manager Chris Powell could make changes after his Charlton side failed to get a win from their last five games.

Goalkeeper Ben Hamer is expected to return after a knock and defender Cedric Evina could be recalled after recovering from a knee injury.

If the games goes ahead 3 -1 to the Red & White Army.
  • Options
    0-3 to the Rams and Powell gone by midnight
  • Options
    2-2. Morrison & Hulse
  • Options
    Man from Atlantis as lone striker / swimmer. The Derby FB's get swept into the car park during a deluge, and the club gets fined for not having enough lifeboats. It could happen!