Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another thing from Watford

edited March 2007 in General Charlton
The bloody stupid "Alan Pardews Red Army" chant was back instead of "Alan Pardews Red AND WHITE Army"!!!! Same as at Arsenal. Does my effin head in. I tried in vain to get it sung properly.
Great shout from the back after a chorus of Super, Super Al : "ITS AL AL SUPER AL" came the exasperated plea!

Comments

• Options
    Was abroad mate!but we gave it large!
  • Options
    Super super Dave super super Dave super super Dave super DJ Davey "clap clap clap"
  • Options
    they sing that at home too... i didnt hear "red and white" once at Westham! so that big post is not hitting home.

Yes The Blarney Stone... a mighty fine classy establishment. The main screen showing Celtic v dunfermline but the Bhoys soon knew that charlton were in the house!! :-)
    Bit embarrassing two people could make that much noise. shame lisbie missed but then i think that could have been really embarrassing.
  • Options
    It was 'Super Alan's Red Army'!

I was livid, saw the kid starting the song and wanted to slap him into singing the right song
  • Options
    it will take an away game, like City, when you can get a few of us together and get both the words, and the tempo right.

The main problem that has led to our 'worded songs' being phased out over the last five years has been due to the fact that everything is sung like a rap. VFR is twice as quick as it always was, for example. People seem embarrassed and need to get the words out their mouth as quick as they can.
  • Options
    but the singing at home starts from the covered end and why ar they singing it wrong?
  • Options
    We used to have loads of songs.
    what has happened to 'She wore a red and white scarf and a red and white hat, said if you hate palace you know where your at'
    'Hark now hear the charlton sing the palace run away, and we will fight for ever more because of saturday'
    'my old man said be a palace fan, i said @#$% off bollox your a !@#$'
    'Away in a manger'
    ????????????
  • Options
    DJ that scream from the back it's "Al Al Super Al" was my mate Rich who is increasingly losing it as the season progresses.He also gets very upset when we sing "Charlton to I die"???
  • Options
    That was meant to say "Charlton till I die"
  • Options
    I think the red and white part gets shoved in together and its a muffled rrrwwwarmy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and we have the cheek to sing 'your support is f***ing shit' to the oppo
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]and we have the cheek to sing 'your support is f***ing shit' to the oppo

i think we are just being ironic singing that.

the pace of vfr gets me too as does clapping ourselves .when the song ends start singing something else,come on charlton!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]they sing that at home too... i didnt hear "red and white" once at Westham! so that big post is not hitting home.

Yes The Blarney Stone... a mighty fine classy establishment. The main screen showing Celtic v dunfermline but the Bhoys soon knew that charlton were in the house!! :-)
    Bit embarrassing two people could make that much noise. shame lisbie missed but then i think that could have been really embarrassing.

ha ha Shagger... found it!!
  • Options
    i knew the search functions on here would have some use eventually !
  • Options
    hahahaha cheers B , took me a while to work out what was going on !
  • Options
    for my fading memory eh afka! god its scary that was only over a month ago.