Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shopping list for January...

Let's say we do have some funds available in January, which player (within reason) would you go for? Which opposition player has impressed against us this season...?

I was very impressed with David Perkins from Barnsley although I'm not sure of he'd fit in a 4-4-2 formation - still worth a punt...

Comments

• Funnily enough Perkins was the player I was thinking off , put Stephens to shame. Class player
  • Wordsworth at Colchester would be a realistic target. None of our wingers have done enough this season.
    Perkins and Dawson at Barnsley could be useful.
  • Funnily enough Perkins was the player I was thinking off , put Stephens to shame. Class player

This, was class at the game at the valley. Just wonder what his overall form has been this season
  • Colchester are near the relegation zone anyone know what Wandsworth been playing like?
  • Not sure we have a pot to piss in. Freebies or loans more likely
  • Only saw him play against us last season but i liked the look of freeman from Stevenage to play the tip of midfield/second striker role.
  • Wordsworth was dropped on Boxing Day and rumour is that Col U are preparing to offload him. He tweeted that he was fit and wanted to play. Some fans have questioned him of late as say his heads been turned and its obvious he wants to leave but Col U manager Dunne has been singing his praises and says he's gutted as he will be off either in Jan for a small fee or in the summer on a freebie.
  • I hope the nod from another thread that consolidation is all expected this year is true. Any other scenario is delusional, TJ seems better than that. CPs return to guys that got us up almost worked today. Hopefully that means a recognition that any signing needs to be a shoe in to starting eleven. So please, no L1 hopefuls, older pros who haven't made it or players on way down. Quality youngsters at our level or higher who may have lost their way or unknown talent please.
    Ditch loans and use kids, esp Gomes despite no games at u18 or u21 or we'll lose him.
  • chucking in Gomez isn't the way, obvious talent but needs to mature at his own pace. I agree about loans, they can be iffy, some work and some don't. I think signing quality players from League 1 can work, players like Gleeson and Wordsworth would do for me.
  • Loans are always a risk. Especially those which are short-term. Perkins was great but I'd be happy to see Boyd back. Schlupp on loan coals be good (as long as its for the season and that there's only a recall after 28 days).
  • Sponsored links:

• Perkins did well against us which wasn't hard given our poor midfield.

Where are Barnsley in the table now and what does that say about how he plays every other week?
  • Gleason and wordsworth are both good shouts, freeman too. We're screaming for a channel runner though. I'd have Luke varney back tomorrow
  • Varney a good shout. Always felt there was some unfinished business between him and us. Rate him.

Didn't go to the Colchester game last year. But heard the name Wordsworth constantly on the commentary. Sounded a Pain in our backside for ninety minutes.
    And the fact that Jamie Reeve mentioned anyone's name is an achievement in itself. ;-)
  • edited December 2012
    Varney is starting for Leeds or at least did yesterday. Would cost money and although I liked him he was never going to score goals and I don't think that has changed. Can't see this one either coming off or even being considered.
  • We could have £2m + another £7m if solly,BWP and stephens are sold?.
  • Wouldn't mind seeing Andros Townsend on loan for rest of the season. If Frimpong goes back we need another cm as midfield is weak. How long is Wiggins out for?
    Buying from league 1 is risky. I think a few on here undeunderestimate how tough this league is. Some key players for us last season have struggled : Jackson, Holland, Green, BWP to name a few. Yes we might find someone who is an exception but has anyone watched Wordsworth or co for 4-6 games like I presume our scouts would? When he played against us he was impressive but is he just standing out in a bad team?
    I would be looking in the prem for players that aren't getting much game time or players in the final months of their contracts looking at a loan to permanent deal if they impress. Attracting players like Fuller and Frimpong makes me think SCP is thinking along those lines.
  • Mr Boyd, please .
  • Boyd good shout
  • We need someone in midfield who can break up play. Someone like dawson from barnsley.
  • Dawson only joined Barnsley this season so I suspect he'd only be an option in summer. I feel like we could do better as well. Perkins and Dawson seem to catch the eye, certainly when they play against us, but they also form the central midfield of the bottom team in the league. They have more bad or indifferent games than good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Boyd and Also Tomlin from Peterborough, although he looks over weight he can pick out a pass, can cross and has been known to score a handful
  • Boyd, Wordsworth, Perkins and a ball winning beast to replace our midfield please! A new striker in to replace the outgoing Clarke and probably BWP too
  • An experienced defensive midfielder, someone who can shield the CBs. Someone like Sean Derry for example,
  • What a surprize,Reams ITV forum.says his fly on the wall sent him a text last friday saying bad news.Prob means no new big investment.
  • What a surprize,Reams ITV forum.says his fly on the wall sent him a text last friday saying bad news.Prob means no new big investment.

Heard the same yesterday. Potless again. Any money we have got we should be worried as to its origin. And Powell is still walking a tightrope.

Triffic

• I thought there was more then one group interested ?.
  • Can't see Villa coming back for Stephens, missed the chance with £2m offer in the summer.

Rumours of investment and new money change every week
  • Definitely an experienced CM, and a good winger.

Any news on Wiggy?
  • Decent LB cover for when Wiggins is back and a decent LM.
  • Judging by CP's words & reported demeanour at yesterday's press conference I would suggest there is little hope of bringing anybody in without selling first.