Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mike Hussey to retire

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/20864060

"Mr Cricket" is to retire at the end of the Sri Lankan series. A massive surprise, as he was still playing well, and there are 2 Ashes series coming up. Australia's batting line up will be really raw now...

Comments

• Options
    Up there with the best I have seen at Test level in my lifetime, not quite a Tendulkar or Lara but a real quality player. Big miss for the Aussies.
  • Options
    I always preferred his sister, Brazen.
  • Options
    See ya Mrs Cricket. Retaining the ashes just got a whole lot easier - he was the only one of their batsmen not to get an absolute chasing last time out down under. Looking forward to them replacing him with useless shite like Steve Smith, Phil Hughes or Cameron White.
  • Options
    Big surprise this one,as he still looks like a player in his prime.As has been said,it has made it a bit easier for us.But Australia will still be competitive,they always are.
  • Options
    Great news, the Aussies are gutted, they know this is a huge blow.
  • Options
    Like everyone else, I am surprised. He's no spring chicken but I thought he would have liked one last pop at the poms. Good luck to him. I see him as the Aussie coach or on Channel 9 before too long
  • Options
    I was a bit surprised - I suspect Khawaja will get a go at number 6. He can bat and has some experience of playing in English conditions.
  • Options

See ya Mrs Cricket. Retaining the ashes just got a whole lot easier - he was the only one of their batsmen not to get an absolute chasing last time out down under. Looking forward to them replacing him with useless shite like Steve Smith, Phil Hughes or Cameron White.

Luckily for us, Phil Hughes is already in the side as a replacement for Ponting!

• Options

Luckily for us, Phil Hughes is already in the side as a replacement for Ponting!

Even better. They should chuck Cameron White in for Hussey. I've got a great story about him. Last Ashes series I went down under to see my brother in Melbourne (missed the boxing day test as it was mid December when I went). We went to the MCG to watch a three day tour match against Victoria, and the Aussies were really struggling against us at the time after just getting panelled in Adelaide. Anyway, we sat and watched Cameron White pick Bresnan, Tremmers and Shahzad apart for about ten overs and I (within earshot of a load of Aussies) wondered out loud why he wasn't in their test side. Very next ball he comes charging down the wicket to Panesar like a chump and tops one to long off. Big ol Aussie bird sat in front of us turns round and says "That's why he's not in the fackin side mate". Me and my brother couldn't stop laughing all day.