Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Good decision

....to keep Morrison on after ref amazingly didn't book him after reaching for his card late in the first half. Was there any of us at game who actually thought he would last the 90 mins if Powell kept him on? We just knew it going to hurt us

Comments

• Oh come on ....
  • i thought his first booking was a little harsh but yes i agree that he should have been subbed before his second yellow was able to happen
  • Hasn't this already been done to death on another thread ?
  • Yeah sack the manager he ain't got a clue.
  • edited December 2012
    To be honest, it could've just as easily been their no. 6 that got a second yellow after the ridiculous first half refereeing. Both stayed on and for Derby, it paid off.
  • Original view, haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else.
  • edited December 2012
    I had a feeling he would get sent off. He was asking for it majority of the game. BUT im still not sure I would have taken him off purely because he was on a yellow.

Might as well take off anyone who gets booked.
  • There is long discusion about this on the post match thread.
  • Yes but is Wagstaff better than Green?
  • edited December 2012
    Agree 100% with Powell in his post match interview, you have to trust your player otherwise you'd be making a ridiculous amount of early subs each game. If he had subbed him and Dervite had a mare and cost us the game then I have a feeling that the same people critising Powell for not subbing him would be giving out about him subbing him. Hindsight is such a great thing!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Agree 100% with Powell in his post match thread, you have to trust your player otherwise you'd be making a ridiculous amount of early subs each game. If he had subbed him and Dervite had a mare and cost us the game then I have a feeling that the same people critising Powell for not subbing him would be giving out about him subbing him. Hindsight is such a great thing!!!!

Ha ha - I got told off for using the h word on the other thread ( but you're 100% right!)
  • Post match thread
  • Off_it said:

Agree 100% with Powell in his post match thread, you have to trust your player otherwise you'd be making a ridiculous amount of early subs each game. If he had subbed him and Dervite had a mare and cost us the game then I have a feeling that the same people critising Powell for not subbing him would be giving out about him subbing him. Hindsight is such a great thing!!!!

Ha ha - I got told off for using the h word on the other thread ( but you're 100% right!)
    With hindsight, I won't be using the h word.
  • Bubble said:

Yes but is Wagstaff better than Green?

Never mind that. Phil Parkinson - great manager or nice man out of his depth?
  • Bubble said:

Yes but is Wagstaff better than Green?

Never mind that. Phil Parkinson - great manager or nice man out of his depth?
    Great manager as time will tell.

• Back to Morrison ........... As the replay on TV showed, he was unlucky. It was not a foul, it should not have been a penaly and so he should not have received a second yellow - at least, not at that point!
  • why don't we appeal it then?

Can only appeal a straight red.

Can't for yellows, straight red we could

• well, the one good thing is that I don't believe the refs we get are cheats -just useless - so we are sure to get a few things go our way even if it is unlikely they will even up this season -simply based on the law of averages.