Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks: Watford v Charlton

2»

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Hamer 7 not at fault for goals and some great saves. Worldly
    Solly - 7.5 - got up and down brilliantly. Duracell
    Dervite 6 - easily turned a couple of times. Le Tanker
    Cort - 7 stuck his head in where it hurt and did his best to hold the defence together under extreme pressure
    Evina 7 - excellent performance, isolated on the left. Promising
    Wilson 7.5 - hope he's ok. Constant threat. Tricky.
    Pritchard 8 - constant hard work, shooting a bit off. Graft.
    Stephens 7 Sat deep and dealt with a neat passing midfield. Classy
    Jackson 5 - completely absent from the wing, great finish though. AWOL
    Kermorgant 9 won everything. Le bash
    Fuller 8.5 held it up, classy passing, tricky. You can see why the stokies loved him. Devastating.
  • Hamer 7
    Solly 8
    Cort 7
    Dervite 6
    Evina 7
    Wilson 7
    Pritchard 8
    Stephens 7
    Jackson 8
    Kermorgant 8
    Fuller 8
  • Hamer - 8
    Solly - 7.5
    Cort - 6
    Dervite - 6
    Evina - 7
    Wilson - 6.5
    Pritchard -8
    Stephens - 7
    Jackson - 8
    Kermorgant - 8
    Fuller - 8
  • Hamer - 8
    Solly - 7
    Cort - 8
    Dervite - 6
    Evina - 7
    Wilson - 6
    Pritchard - 7.5
    Stephens - 8.5
    Jackson - 8
    Kermorgant - 8
    Fuller - 9
  • Hamer 8 - Looking a class act
    Solly 8
    Cort 7.5
    Dervite 7
    Evina 8 - Wiggins will struggle to win his place back at this rate
    Wilson 7 - Links up well with Solly
    Pritchard 9 MOM- best box to box midfielder we have had since Parker
    Stephens 7.5 - Holds the midfield together well and compliments Pritch
    Jackson - 8 Worked really hard today, Powell got his tactics spot on by asking Jacko to slot in to CM when necessary
    Kermorgant 8.5 - looked back to his best - dominated the aerial battles
    Fuller 8.5 - held the ball up well and showed moments of premiership class
  • Hamer - 8 Solid, one supurb save, even if the ball was kicked right at him
    Solly - 7 Quite and solid, not a foot wrong, but not necessarily one foot extremely right...
    Cort - 7 Won everything in the air against what was a small championship team
    Dervite - 6.5 Was given the run around by that t*at Forresseteri (no. 41)
    Evina - 7.5 Brillinant work for the 2nd goal, was often only player out on the left and some questionable posisitioning at times
    Wilson - 7 Literally the same as Solly...
    Pritchard - 8.5 Was your standard Pritchard game, runs runs and runs some more. Definitely should of had at least 1 though!
    Stephens - 7.5 Spread the play nicely, was always an option and some brilliant crunching tackles,
    Jackson - 8.5 Stuck the ball in the net twice, 1 was (harshly?) ruled out for offside? Seemed to be a 3rd CM at times, it worked well
    Kermorgant - 9.9 I never give a 10. But my word he was an anumal. Won 99% of headers, dropped to CM/DM for last 10mins and protected the back 4 brilliantly. Won some crucial defensive corners and scored (twice) also got the flick on for the 1st O.G. The best performance I have ever seen him give? Potentially
    Fuller - 9 Have not been really to impressed with Fuller since he joined, but yesterday he was class, gets an 8 out of 10 overall, and then an extra 1 for just making that no.5 (Neuton?) looking like a mug, was class!

Jordan Cook/The Fans - 9.5 We were awesome, spoke with a Watford fan who said we wouldn't shut up all game which was true.
    Watford fans are awful by the way! Jordan Cook's flick into our stand kicking the ball away was well worth the yellow, and the game of volleyball up and down the stand we had was nice as well. Watford were fuming that we wouldn't give the ball back!

Top day, less of the same though please you Addicks?! Maybe a nice 'comfortable' victory please? (I don't know if those exist anymore?)
  • edited January 2013
    Hamer 8
    Solly 8
    Cort 7
    Dervite 6
    Evina 7.5
    Wilson 7
    Pritchard 8.5 MOM
    Stephens 7.5
    Jackson 8
    Kermorgant 8.5 Extra half for 2 goals
    Fuller 7 (I can see Essex Al's point), didn't look fit & lost the ball a lot, but did much better in the last 30 mins & great dribble for goal.
  • Hamer - 8
    Solly - 8
    Cort - 7.5
    Dervite - 7
    Evina - 8.5
    Wilson - 7.5
    Pritchard - 8
    Stephens - 8
    Jackson - 7.5
    Kermorgant - 7.5
    Fuller - 8

• DRFDRF
    edited January 2013
    Hamer 7.5 not traditionally a fan but is getting better and better
    Solly - 7 brought the ball forward alot but could have done more to cover for the poor defence
    Dervite 6 - not up to iteasily turned a couple of times. Le Tanker
    Cort 6.5 - the defence lost their battle espeically in the last 20 minutes
    Evina 7.5 - good solid performance
    Wilson 8 - really impressed although the way he disapeared was weird - didn't make any fuss at all
    Pritchard 8 - threaten Solly for consistent high standards
    Stephens 7 - not much of a threat but the midfield were a bit of a mess at times which didn't help
    Jackson 6.5 - needs to stay on the left when he's playing on the left, created problems for others hanging around in the middle
    Kermorgant 8.5 MOM - solid under pressure never had a doubt he would get to every header
    Fuller 7.5 didn't notice him in the first half, improved in the second

Good appearance by Cook and one of the best away days I've had in a long time. Fans standing and singing a lot but also respectful of those who weren't.
  • Hamer 7.5
    Solly 7
    Cort 7.5
    Dervite 7.5
    Evina 8
    Wilson 7.5
    Pritchard 7
    Stephens 7
    Jackson 7
    Kermorgant 7.5
    Fuller 8
  • Sponsored links:

• Hamer - 7.5 - couple of great saves but should have done better with first goal
    Solly - 7.5 - standard Solly performance
    Cort - 7.0 - some important blocks and headers but was given the run around by their impressive strike force
    Dervite - 6.5 - ditto cort + gave away pen
    Evina - 7.5 - fantastic going forward. Made the 2nd goal. Not given enough protection when defending
    Wilson - 7.5 - a big threat on the right. clever player who combines well with Solly and always keeps his head up and goes for goal.
    Pritchard - 7.5 - very energetic performance. if he knew how to finish, he could have had a hat-trick
    Stephens - 7.5 - when he plays well, we play well. controlled the midfield for parts of the game
    Jackson - 7.5 - captain's performance. makes chances himself through good positioning. didn't cover Evina, though I think this was down to tactics rather than his own fault. Was playing a mixture of LM and CM
    Kermorgant - 8.0 - he's back to jumping properly and winning headers like last season. Well taken goals
    Fuller - 7.5 - at points lazy at other times inspirational. Brilliant at holding up the ball. Lacked power on his two chances at goal. Great run for 3rd goal
  • edited January 2013
    Hamer - 7
    Solly - 7.5
    Cort - 6.5
    Dervite - 6
    Evina - 7.5
    Wilson - 7.5
    Pritchard - 8
    Stephens - 7
    Jackson - 8.5
    Kermorgant - 9
    Fuller - 8
  • Hamer8
    Solly7
    Cort7
    Dervite7
    Evina8
    Wilson7
    Pritchard8
    Stephens7
    Jackson8
    Kermorgant7
    Fuller7
  • DRF said:

Hamer 7.5 not traditionally a fan but is getting better and better
    Solly - 7 brought the ball forward alot but could have done more to cover for the poor defence
    Dervite 6 - not up to iteasily turned a couple of times. Le Tanker
    Cort - the defence lost their battle espeically in the last 20 minutes
    Evina 7.5 - good solid performance
    Wilson 8 - really impressed although the way he disapeared was weird - didn't make any fuss at all
    Pritchard 8 - threaten Solly for consistent high standards
    Stephens 7 - not much of a threat but the midfield were a bit of a mess at times which didn't help
    Jackson 6.5 - needs to stay on the left when he's playing on the left, created problems for others hanging around in the middle
    Kermorgant 8.5 MOM - solid under pressure never had a doubt he would get to every header
    Fuller 7.5 didn't notice him in the first half, improved in the second

Good appearance by Cook and one of the best away days I've had in a long time. Fans standing and singing a lot but also respectful of those who weren't.

You missed out your mark for Cort mate.
  • Hamer 8
    Solly 8
    Cort 7
    Dervite 6
    Evina 7.5
    Wilson 7
    Pritchard 8.5 MOM
    Stephens 7.5
    Jackson 8
    Kermorgant 8.5 Extra half for 2 goals
    Fuller 7 (I can see Essex Al's point), didn't look fit & lost the ball a lot, but did much better in the last 30 mins & great dribble for goal.

Cheers Covered End, I was beginning to think it was just me!

I notice he was marked a 6 for his performance in The Sun today. I just cannot understand for the life of me how some posters have made him MOM.

• Jesus Al, youve completely undermined your argument by trying to justify it with the Suns player ratings. They are not worth the paper they are written on. Most of the time it seems like they didnt have anyone at the game and probably made the ratings up based on a 45 second post match summary heard on BBC london.
  • Ha ha, you're probably right Paul. It's not that I don't even rate Fuller, I do! As I have already said, how is it possible that posters rate him MOM, I just don't get it.
  • The sun gave solly a 6
  • Someone mentioned to me that the Suns report today was written by a B Hayes, is that our very own Sir Henry?
  • DRFDRF
    edited January 2013
    Sorry I quoted instead of editing and didn't want to repeat it to confuse the scores.

Cheers LNA for pointing it out.
  • Sponsored links:

• this thread is now closed for marks, stats to follow